Jeep Gladiator Build

Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Original date was May, then switched to April. Now notified today new V2 date is June for me. I’m fine with that, these are made for your specific vehicle, it’s not just small, medium and large. Look at the fit on the above pics, sweet. Heck, a little bit later will give GFC a chance to iron out any little details that might arise.

2 Likes

that’s how Im feeling. let them mess up the toyota fan boi’s campers

oh that’s nice how close it is to the roof. you should be able to fill that gap easily

when asked why I drive a hearse , my response is “every day in the front seat is a good day”

1 Like

Hey @brookie0907, Nice truck! Really happy to see your build as there are so few gladiators I’m seeing in the GFC ecosystem.

I just had a stingray Rubi delivered yesterday with an eco diesel power plant. I’m in line for a V2 and being a gladiator I have a feeling it will be last in the production line since they are producing in order of popularity… lots of tacos ahead of me. While you have your tape out would you mind getting an overall height measurement? Really curious if you are landing under 7’ with the mopar lift. Also are you still running the stock 33’s, if not what tire set-up does that heigh include?

Here’s the newbie with all stock running gear… with the exception of decals: I had the dealer pull every single graphic, Rubi, Glad and Jeep logo off the truck pre-delivery. I like running stealth. A word of warning for those doing this on a Glad, the tailgate logo has HOLES UNDER IT! They were small but I still had them re-apply the rear logo, for now…

Here’s the tailgate holes FYI

1 Like

Measuring down beside the front of the rear wheel, the top of the camper is about 82.5 inches. I am still running the stock 33’s on OEM wheels. I have AEV Savegre 2’s ready to put on 35’s after I use the good off the Falken’s. At the rear (hitch), I gained about 2.75" with the lift. I think having to wait a little will pay off with the V2.

1 Like

Looks really nice, we went with a white GFC on our gobi Gladiator Rubicon.

1 Like

Thanks Brookie! Just under the wire. I had a fantasy that I might be able to squeeze 35s + 2” lift + GFC + racks. Looks like my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

Guessing your racks put your setup over 84” now with 33s?

I may leave mine a belly dragger so I can run racks for materials and stay under 84.

The Beef Racks are around 85" high. I will put 35s on if these Falken ATs ever wear out. I will still fit in my garage, but may not be able to mount the maxtrax on the rack.

Thanks for posting and for the pix @brookie0907. I’m in-line for picking my GFC up this summer. I went w/ the 2" mopar lift - 37’s’ and the truck is my daily driver. It also finds its way off the pavement from time. I’m stoked for my V2.

I like the 3 racks - I had not thought about that config, but it make sense! Nice Truck and thanks for posting - as you say, not many gladiators out there with a GFC.

1 Like

your Gladiators are awesome. i’m jealous. I just wish they offered them in 2 door that was a deal breaker

Can’t wait to see GFC equipped Gladiators on the Rubicon!

1 Like

Just made the drive out last week to get ours. The wait was crazy long, but seeing it on the truck the first time made it all worth it. Stoked to see the shorter wait times and V2 campers too!

7 Likes

Welcome to the club. I’m trying to install Ladder and awning hardware in between work. Will post some pics soon.

Added a couple accessories. KinsmenHardware Privacy Awning and Eezi-Awn Swift awning. All are attached with Ironman 4x4 mounts. I can quickly remove and hang in the garage.

6 Likes

The Ezi-Awn awning looks nice. I’ve been debating going with an Arb or one of the 270 deg. Awnings but that one has me thinking. Is it easy to deploy and stow?

Yes, the awning is easy for one person to use. It is able to be opened and used without legs, but I use them to protect the hinges during any wind and to I’m using the Ironman 4x4 brackets so I can remove from the truck in one minute and store hanging in the garage. I often drive the truck to work and back and want to remove accessories unless I’m camping. I found the awning used and they seem to be hard to get.

Thx

Did you have to modify the Ironman 4x4 brackets at all? Do they mount to the GFC ok with the new embassy hinge?

No problem. You do have to attach them to the universal GFC bracket that works with the new hinges. I’m not sure how they would do with a heavy 270 awning, but the weight tolerances should cover those.
There is another new quick detach product, Racksbrax, but they are a little more pricey and both products are made out of nylon/plastic.

How/when did you get the privacy awning from Kinsmen? I talked to Matthew a couple weeks ago and he said those wouldn’t be available for a couple of months.

I’ve had it for a few years, I think. Purchased it when it was a presale item. It’s been boxed up till last week. I read somewhere that they may be available soon, I thought from the owner.

The Ezi-Awn Swift is perpetually on back order, I was never able to get one. I guess that is what happens with a good design and quality product. I settled for a Shady Boy awning, still a good product, but not close to a Ezi-Awn Swift by any means.