Julian's 2021 TRD Pro Build

Hey Julian,

Can you hook me up with the measurements and material list?

I’m a big fan of LiFePO4 for house battery use. Victron makes an excellent compact 200Ah model that is my go-to for most camper builds. Not cheap but for the footprint, about as much power as you can get. Battle Born makes a rock solid 100Ah LiFePO4, but two of those will almost double the footprint of the Victron and will be more expensive.

1 Like

Wow…that is an awesome mod!

Have you considered maybe working out a licensing deal with Overland Softgoods.

I agree with you in regards to using lithium batteries for house battery use. I was able to fit 2 Battle Born Batteries and all the necessary electrical components in the bed of my truck using minimal space…

1 Like

Build Update 05/11/22 — Custom GFC Tailgate Bug Screen

:metal: Dialed in the tailgate screen with my father-in-law today! Stoked!

*We used the same Cordura Fabric and No-See-Um netting from the side screens.

*We opt’d to sew in heavy duty velcro to the screen over magnets since it’ll be handled more frequently. We also had to design for a pretty awkward line from the top of the GFC through the bottom of bed where magnets just wouldn’t work… 3M velcro on the camper/truck was much easier to design for. Just takes a little longer to deploy.

*We sewed in a two way zipper to allow for full open/close ability and quick passing of goods through a smaller opening.

*We added pockets to the inside and outside (for shoes, to keep the bed open, to keep stuff from blowing away on the tailgate, etc.)

*We riveted the pocket corners for added strength.

*The screen can stay up with the tailgate closed which is rad!

That about sums it up! Incredibly stoked on how this one turned out! As promised, I’ll share material list and some basic measurements for the sides and tailgate once I’m settled up in Canada.

44 Likes

Seriously impressive. Someone could make some money on this as an after-market add on.

9 Likes

Way to knock it out of the park!

2 Likes

Yeah, that puts my ‘magic screen’ mod to shame! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll take one… Shut up and take my money

4 Likes

That is pretty sweet…Looks nice and clean.Impressive.Like the pockets.The zipper is great compared to my magnets…I like it…I woud buy one for my Tundra in a heartbeat.

1 Like

That is really nice work…well done!

1 Like

Man this is legit! I need to make something like this for the Texas coast. Beautiful rig.

1 Like

I’m shamelessly copying your cubby power panel almost to the T. One question I do have, where did you mount your temp sensor? Just keep it loose in the cubby or do you have it routed into the bed?

3 Likes

Such an awesome build! I have an LR Offroad and black panel GFC on order and you’ve reassured me it’s a great color combo.

Do you happen to have an instagram page as well?

1 Like

Thanks @Seitter19! It’s mounted to the rear of the cubby door — I tested before committing and it only reads a few degrees warmer in the summer from being trapped in there which I could live with. (I have a CO monitor inside the GFC that displays the temperature, too.)

@PlainsTaco Congrats on the new GFC! Stoked to see it. You can find me on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/julianbialowas/

ps. To anyone watching this thread for measurements and material lists for the bug screens, it’s still on my to-do list once I get some downtime here in Alaska.

6 Likes

Hi Julian! I had a chance to look at your instagram page last night. You are well traveled and your photography is great! You have a really good eye and it’s obvious that you love taking photographs!

Cheers… Scott

2 Likes

I’ve yet to pull the trigger on a GFC but your build really inspires the possibilities! Wondered if you had changed your bed interior set up and design since you did the rear seat delete with the goosegear mod? I’m debating whether to add a single side drawer / bench with fridge in the cab or go with the shelf solution that you used?

2 Likes

This is the best set up I have seen so far, for me. Still have full use of the bed length and not decked drawers. I am 6 foot 6 so not trying to add floor jacking.
Would love to see any lay outs of sizes of the wood you custom cut. May try to design this for my Chevy Silverado.
A+ !

2 Likes

I know it’s been said already but what a great set up! I wish I found this earlier but I’ve had my v2 on my 2017 Off Road for about 6 months and your install ideas are just fantastic.

I have the some of your stuff - like the OGE Redarc system but I also added a midsize Bluetti in the back. I switch between the AGM upfront and the Bluetti in the back to keep my lights on longer.

Nice job on the ARB dual compressor, I always wondered if you need the extra solenoid or not and hacve seen most folks don’t get that.

Next I will run power up to the bed.

Thanks for the details!

1 Like