Build Update 11/01/20:
VRNCLR Frame Bags:
• I picked up my VRNCLR Frame Bag Kit from Tom at his shop in Oakland. This was the first frame bag kit he’s done in Coyote. They look amazing, the quality is top notch, and I highly, highly, highly recommend you get a set for your GFC. I don’t even have my camper yet and I’m already wanting to scheme on more goods with him.
Cali Raised Bed Channel Supports
These Cali Raised bed stiffeners were another easy install. (You just have to pop the tail light out and drill 4 holes.) Not quite as beefy as the Total Chaos stiffeners but will get the job done and introduce a bunch of great tie down points.
Overland Equipped Auxiliary Fuse Block:
Not ready to mount this just yet but I mocked up my Overland Equipped auxiliary fuse block along with my Blue Sea Systems Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker. All front of house accessories (Lights, etc.) will go through here. Camper goods will go through a second aux/house battery — more on this later.
Toyota OEM accessories installed:
• OEM Remote Tailgate Lock Kit — This was a super easy install, no drilling required, just running the wire housing from the tailgate to the cab (There is a pre-drilled hole with a grommet under the passenger seat) and have found it very convenient. Heads up the actuator is a touch louder than I was expecting, but not a bother, have gotten use to it.
• OEM Bed Lighting Kit — These lights are crazy bright and have been super helpful to prep dinner and set up camp in the dark. (Still living that ground tent life.)
• OEM Mudguards — Still not sure how I feel about these, doing their job, but may have to come off if/when I ever move away from the stock wheels.
• OEM Wheel Locks & OEM Spare Tire Lock — Safety first?
• OEM Hitch Plug — Keeps the dust out, looks good.
• OEM Tailgate Inserts & OEM Door Sill Protectors — They look great.
• Windows were been tinted by the great crew at CaliTint. (Highly recommend to my fellow Bay Area GFC owners!)
• Dropped in a reusable K&N Cabin Air Filter and a reusable TRD Performance Air Filter — full TRD Air Intake is going in next weekend, just ran out of time.
Going to do my best to continue to post updates and link to everything I can on this thread, this forum has been super helpful in planning out my camper and want to return the favor. Feel free to ask any questions or message me here.