Let's see your before and after pics

As the title says, post your before and after build pics.

My Tacoma started its life with me as a CPO in December 2012

It’s been a slower than anticipated build but here’s how it’s looking at this point

7 Likes

Before

After

5 Likes

Still looking for that perfect “after” shot. Also I think 37’s are in my near future.

6 Likes

Before

During

After (and ongoing?)

5 Likes

My truck went through a lot of transitions since Oct 22. But the build out of the bed from the beginning was with the GFC in mind.

6 Likes

Took me a few tries to get it right :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here is my before pic - we just moved to Saudi Arabia and had difficulty finding the car we wanted. This is a Chinese car made by Great Wall Motors - its called the TANK 300

The car has a 50kg weight limit (that’s why we got the GFC Superlite) on the roof so we couldn’t get a robust roof rack so we found one made for the car on Aliexpress. Pretty low profile - here it is with the GFC quick-release mounts

Here it is with just the tent on it:

We found this guy who makes custom “Flyblocks” and here they are installed: we asked Colin if he could make some for the ends of the rails - and he did. Superlite Fly Blocks by colin belisle - Exposure

We also got the lightest awning possible from Roofnest called the Litewing taking us to our 50kg weight limit:

We took it out for a test run - of course we got a flat as we were parking…

We had one of the fly’s open, but when the 270d awning is open we can’t access the blocks
Got some new tires better suited for offroading

The tent actually made a lot of noise in the front so I wanted to fit the front with a wind fairing. I purchased a wind fairing from Front Runner https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/int/wind-fairing-1345mm-1425mm.html:
It is designed to fix to the bottom of a Frontrunner rack system (which we don’t have) so I had to come up with something else. I figured if I fasten two of the Superlite Ladder Mounting brackets to the ends of the tent mounting tracks with the holes facing the front of the car, I could then drill two holes through an extruded aluminum t-track bar and bolt it to the ladder mount brackets (through the holes) in order to fasten the wind fairing to the tent mounting rails.

Worked like a charm!

9 Likes

The pics are almost 10 years apart. I purchased the truck new in 2007 and it’s still a work in progress.

Before

After

10 Likes

5 Likes

Show us the inside of this bad boy.

2 Likes

Oh my, I can’t miss out on this fun game. Almost 10 years apart. Bought my truck brand new in 2014.

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

The family adventure rig (might start calling her mama shark, ha!) RigD swing out as well but not visable in this shot

3 Likes

December 2020 6 miles

June 2023 43k miles (took me 2 other set ups to get to a GFC finally…1) bed rack plus TuffStuff alpha and then 2) cvt mt hood plus rsi smart cap)

10 Likes

July 2021 - Bought it in Maine and drove it back to Montana.

June 2022 - an engine and lots of parts later

14 Likes

Sept 2021:

Feb 2022 - on the way to GFC install

Feb 2022 - post-install pic @ GFC

May 2022

There have been lots of upgrades & mods during this timeframe that are less visible.

I love my truck & GFC…

5 Likes

This is the perfect way to build a Tacoma. Its perfect!

Bought my tundra about 4 years ago and 2 design changes later…

2 Likes

Come along ways since that whitetail mud puddle :slight_smile:

1 Like