Lights in your GFC?

Nice! Looks great. I did the same for my doors. Super convenient since you can take them off to light around you. My only issue with them, they sometimes pop off when I close the doors. I need to find a way to hold them there better other than jus the magnet strip.

Man, this is a super clean looking set-up! And, I must say that your Black n White fitted sheets look amazing :wink:

Nicely done, my friend!!!

1 Like

i would also like to know the box company?

1 Like

Which kit is this? did you add a few together? Any tips and wiring?
Thank You!

1 Like

@WVTRDPro Where is the cargo net from?

Very nice!

@Bingbong I ordered some of those lamomo lights. I like the flexibility and how they act as one long light and not a bunch of small leds. How did you end up bonding them to the aluminum? I’ve got a few ideas in my head but figured I’d ask since you’ve done it already. Cheers!

1 Like

They’re still holding up, but I’d like to find a better way to adhere them to the aluminum. When I initially cut the strips I added heavy duty 3M double sided tape to the lights first. Right away it struggled to stay on the soft plastic; just trying to remove the red backing was pulling the tape off the lights. I ended up waiting a couple days to let the strips set a little bit on the lights even so that I could remove the backing, then stuck it to the powder coated aluminum. No doubt in my mind they could easily be pulled off, but couldn’t think of a better non-permanent solution. Let me know what you come up with!

1 Like

Does anyone have the Matt Gecko lower only lights? Picture? Curious to see if this is enough light output for the whole GFC w/ mattress stowed. Hesitant to install the uppers due to wiring “mess” and how often we would actually use the upper lights?

1 Like

Not the Matt Geckos but my setup is essentially this. I have Nilight LED strips mounted on the GFC frame tubes somewhat pointing up. They light up the camper really well for all I need. I don’t think I would use “upstairs” lighting much if at all.

1 Like

Im super interested in Matts set ups, but would really prefer to be able to select the color of light i want.

Anyone have any input of LEDs that can put out a full array of colors…?

This is what I bought - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N429SKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hesitate to recommend them though as the remote control is flakey as all get out. It will do pretty much every color at varying levels of brightess. It also has a hardwired on/off switch that just picks up whatever setting the lights were on last. The remotes are so flakey I usually just use the hardwired on/off switch.

I reached out to the seller about the remotes and they have sent me 2 replacements - but both are flakey so I think it’s systemic for some reason as opposed to a bad unit.

1 Like

I ran these: NiilIght RGB Strips

Wanted the option for more than just 2 colors and they are paired with a remote. Love them a lot!

1 Like

How is your remote on those lights? That seems to be the same lights & remote that I bought, the difference being yours has 3 strips VS 2 for mine.

My remote will eat a battery just sitting doing nothing. So they sent me a replacement that does the same thing. So I take the battery out when not using it, but now it will issue one command and then seemingly freeze.

1 Like

I have the mictuning brand and the led strip/remote look the same. I get an issue where the lights randomly switch through different modes. Very strange… might be due to interference? The only electronics I have in the bed is my IceCo fridge

My remote has worked fine thus far and stays inside the truck bed.

I make sure to hit the 2 buttons to kill all power to the lights when not in use as well.

1 Like

3 Likes

Im rocking the matt gecko kit up and downstairs. While it did take some tweaking to make it work, i was able to add a dimmer upstairs and swapped the front light in the bottom to the back so when i open the tail gate i can cook or work off of it with over head lighting.

Work mode, sorry for the non camping junk

3 Likes

that’s the best part of owning a gfc I use my truck like a truck all the time and thanks to the GFC I can use it for even more.

2 Likes

These just launched, has anyone tried them yet?