Lights in your GFC?

I like this idea. Where did you place them in the GFC? If I were to do this I would want to put them on the 2 smaller portions of the transform-a-floor (sp?). Is that where you have them? If so, have you run into any issues when you get in/out of the tent portion?

I put one under each corner of the fixed overhang portion and one each on the inside of the side panels in the back upper corner.

1 Like

I should probably remind them again that they owe me a lighting kit or a refund. Maybe that would earn an update on their plans.

I’d like a kit that’s similar to the original GFC product, but with down firing LEDs, and dual modes: warm white (3000K) & red, both on dimmers

2 Likes

@han. Same boat here.

I’ve got all the stuff to diy now. Just been putting it off for the last 6 months…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Anyone use the Rigid chase lights on the rear of the camper?
https://www.rigidindustries.com/chase-red-90133.html

Once I have the camper more then likely yes! I prefer Rigid over other brands…just my preference. I lover there Adapt serious, but spendy!

I feel the same man RIGID is all I run they have amazing quality products! My ADAPT is my favorite mod!

1 Like

Its on the mod wish list!

Started out running led lights. Waiting for a few more parts before hooking up the solar pannel.

Temp job until the rest of the parts come in but it will do for the first few trips out.

Looks great! I am in the process of building my lighting system now and am debating “upstairs” nights. Where did you put the switch for the upstairs lights? Dimmer?

The switch is just the one that came wired in with the setup. It’s just sitting on top of the bed right now. I’m planning on making a small junction box with a dual usb, cigarette charger, and a dimmer switch up top. The top and bottom lights are wired separately so I can have one or the other, or both.

1 Like

6 Likes

I ordered the Matt Gecko LED kit for the GFC, after having my own light install get destroyed during the reseal process. Pretty stoked I don’t have to spend all the time measuring everything out.

What’s everyone using for USB power upstairs, if any? I’ve always just used a long ass cord from my cubby power down low

Here’s a photo of the Matt Gecko kit in my camper this weekend. Works great, still loving it.

11 Likes

Is that the cool temp option? If so, how do you like it? Trying to decide whether to get cool or warm lighting.

2 Likes

It’s the warm temp. My girlfriend edited that photo a bit so that could be part of it, but I definitely like the warm. It’s personal preference but the cool leds feel a bit “fast and furious underglow” and less “cozy cabin” IMO.

5 Likes

Where did you get the black and white plaid sheets?

Black and white has been an option on the GFC website for quite some time.

Oh cool thanks I did not know that!

If you’re thinking of of adding any foam to the 2" gfc mattress I would suggest getting some sheets made custom. I added memory foam and had the sheets altered to fit. I had a second set made custom as well that are better quality.

1 Like