Lights in your GFC?

I thought about adding a 1" memory foam but think it’ll be a pain in the ass to close

By putting the small cushions upside down it closes quite easily. I’ve tried a 1 inch topper and 2 in. Takes me about 40 seconds. If Comfort is an issue I’d say give it a try.

1 Like

Can you put a 1" topper under the GFC sheets? Or need to get custom ones made?

Yes 1" topper will fit under the GFC sheets. It’s not ideal though. To be clear the only sheets I had altered were for the small squares. Because they are bigger. The two large cushions I have the original sheets on with no alteration. If you already have the sheets it’s worth trying out but if you haven’t purchased yet I would consider a seamstress and compare cost.

@2ayne Do you have a link to the dimmer switch that you used?

12 Volt DC Dimmer for LED, Halogen, Incandescent - RV, Auto, Truck, Marine, and Strip Lighting - Long Shaft - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C4UBMY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p-ECEbJ865SDY

Cool I added a dimmer too. Loving it so far.
20200320_220155

2 Likes

I’ve been using led truck bed lights from Oracle and couldn’t be happier. Installed them under the upper rails of the sleeping platform. Purchased them from 4 wheel parts on sale for $30. Hooked them up to my portable battery box for my fish finder. My original plan was to buy those $150 led lights but found these and with the money saved I purchase an aluminum tailgate flat panel from State 48 Overland.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/oracle-truck-bed-cargo-light-kit-3826-504/_/R-FQCV-3826-504

How do you like the blue sea panel mounted to the decked jerry can? Thinking about doing this but haven’t seen anyone else do it…can I see the inside?

How did you still through? Where does the wiring exit the decked system?

Thanks!

What box enclosure is that?

Has anyone heard directly from @GFC if they plan on offering the light kit that is pictured in their initial release video from a couple years back. I would love to have this come in the GFC itself if possible.

I chatted with them on the phone about this back in June. Not going to happen at this time.

Great ideas I’ll be Following this.

For those of you that have purchased the Matt Gecko kit, is the install pretty easy? Growing up the son of a masonry contractor, I am pretty versed in the trades, however when it comes to electrical I’ve just always utilized someone else.

I am fairly certain that a dimmer switch does not come with the kit, that being said, is it fairly easy to install one?

Lastly, ours will be going straight to the truck battery. I know led’s have a pretty low draw but as long as you are not running your lights forever, does it impact battery life abnormally?

Thanks in advance for helping someone who has the electrical competency of a labrador retriever haha

3 Likes

I felt this in my soul. Thank you for putting it into words for me.

2 Likes

I have not installed the exact Matt gecko kit. But I have Matt gecko bed lights and under hood lights in my truck and both were very straight forward and easy to install. Hardest part is running the wire from your truck bed or wherever you install the switch to the engine bay.
But Matt includes everything you need to install. And usually extras of everything just in case.
I would recommend installing some sort of fuse block to protect all your electrical and your truck.
And if you live In Utah I would be more than willing to help install anything electrical for you.

1 Like

Howdy, quick question… is anyone running wireless, usb rechargeable lights similar to these found on amazon?
Unbeknownst to me, I too have the electrical competency of a Labrador… (thanks for pointing it out @DannyEnder) Trying to understand if there’s a down side to them… plug and play, no wires, mounts with magnets, motion sensor option, usb rechargeable…

Cheers,

AD

1 Like

@Camper1088 i have an older version of these that i was given, they are kinda neat, but are not built for the outdoors so keep that in mind, perhaps keeping them protected (ie wrapped up) in the cab whilst driving off road - etc. the idea is cool - put some good magnetic tape in spots you may want lighting

1 Like

I have been running one of these for my lighting. Small, dimmable, and has both hooks to hang it and magnets so I can place it wherever is best on the space frame. https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/remoji-BD620719_cfg.html

3 Likes

Thanks for the input, simply trying to stop the bleeding… My camper accessory total, is quickly approaching the cost of the camper itself (1st world problem). I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job prioritized the accessories… and lights just keep falling to the bottom of the list.

I currently have a 4 light set from Goal Zero that I used in my bag RTT… The light setups in this string are impressive and I applaud the effort but just don’t see them being a “need” for me. https://www.goalzero.com/shop/lights/light-life-mini-4-pack-shades/