Lights in your GFC?

I’ve been liking my Hard Korr lights as well! Nice setup.

@Jamin1215 welcome to the group! Great looking setup.

New GFC lighting kit utilizing KChilites Cyclones or Baja Designs dome lights on the panels. Professionally wired using heat shrink, protective braided sleeve, and deutsch connectors. Made to fit per v2 model. PM me if you’re interested in purchasing.

2 Likes

2x USB LED light strips 16.4ft (5m) 5V DC
2x 30,000mAh portable chargers to power the light strips
1x battery powered LED light strip for rear panel
2x rechargeable light bars with magnetic mounts for side panels

The upstairs and downstairs light strips were a perfect length. No trimming or modifications required. The downstairs led strip i keep plugged into the power bank. Theres a button on the side of the power bank that I can push to easily turn off/on the lights.

The battery powered light strip for the rear panel is clutch. The battery holder clicks as a way to turn on the lights. Very convenient for lighting up the tailgate quickly.

Very happy with how everything turned out.

5 Likes

Links?

1 Like

Nice! Looks great. I did the same for my doors. Super convenient since you can take them off to light around you. My only issue with them, they sometimes pop off when I close the doors. I need to find a way to hold them there better other than jus the magnet strip.

Man, this is a super clean looking set-up! And, I must say that your Black n White fitted sheets look amazing :wink:

Nicely done, my friend!!!

1 Like

i would also like to know the box company?

1 Like

Which kit is this? did you add a few together? Any tips and wiring?
Thank You!

1 Like

@WVTRDPro Where is the cargo net from?

Very nice!

@Bingbong I ordered some of those lamomo lights. I like the flexibility and how they act as one long light and not a bunch of small leds. How did you end up bonding them to the aluminum? I’ve got a few ideas in my head but figured I’d ask since you’ve done it already. Cheers!

1 Like

They’re still holding up, but I’d like to find a better way to adhere them to the aluminum. When I initially cut the strips I added heavy duty 3M double sided tape to the lights first. Right away it struggled to stay on the soft plastic; just trying to remove the red backing was pulling the tape off the lights. I ended up waiting a couple days to let the strips set a little bit on the lights even so that I could remove the backing, then stuck it to the powder coated aluminum. No doubt in my mind they could easily be pulled off, but couldn’t think of a better non-permanent solution. Let me know what you come up with!

1 Like

Does anyone have the Matt Gecko lower only lights? Picture? Curious to see if this is enough light output for the whole GFC w/ mattress stowed. Hesitant to install the uppers due to wiring “mess” and how often we would actually use the upper lights?

1 Like

Not the Matt Geckos but my setup is essentially this. I have Nilight LED strips mounted on the GFC frame tubes somewhat pointing up. They light up the camper really well for all I need. I don’t think I would use “upstairs” lighting much if at all.

1 Like

Im super interested in Matts set ups, but would really prefer to be able to select the color of light i want.

Anyone have any input of LEDs that can put out a full array of colors…?

This is what I bought - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N429SKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hesitate to recommend them though as the remote control is flakey as all get out. It will do pretty much every color at varying levels of brightess. It also has a hardwired on/off switch that just picks up whatever setting the lights were on last. The remotes are so flakey I usually just use the hardwired on/off switch.

I reached out to the seller about the remotes and they have sent me 2 replacements - but both are flakey so I think it’s systemic for some reason as opposed to a bad unit.

1 Like

I ran these: NiilIght RGB Strips

Wanted the option for more than just 2 colors and they are paired with a remote. Love them a lot!

1 Like

How is your remote on those lights? That seems to be the same lights & remote that I bought, the difference being yours has 3 strips VS 2 for mine.

My remote will eat a battery just sitting doing nothing. So they sent me a replacement that does the same thing. So I take the battery out when not using it, but now it will issue one command and then seemingly freeze.

1 Like

I have the mictuning brand and the led strip/remote look the same. I get an issue where the lights randomly switch through different modes. Very strange… might be due to interference? The only electronics I have in the bed is my IceCo fridge