Mattress Alternative and RTT size

@Matt_Man_Keys good info here

Camper Mattress!

1 Like

Good write up, thanks for the link.

I got the Superlite, is anyone selling any mattresses that would work for me?

I purchased the 3” thick Paco Pad from Jack’s plastic welding. It’s freaking amazing. I have no idea why everyone isn’t doing this.

The best part, they are durable as hell. So if you want to lay on the ground you can throw them on rocks, no problem. Hell, you could probably throw them on a cactus! :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Anyone try the hest dually yet? at 50” wide and foldable down the middle seems like a possible solution. Also, they claim their memory foam does not stiffen in colder temps

@Shmatty got one and likes it I think.

1 Like

just got a klymit double V to put on top of the original v1 mattress and improved the sleeping comfort 100% bought it at Costco.com for $100. My wife even liked. I am over 60 and my wife is pushing 60 so you have to have a comfortable sleeping area lol.

1 Like

Finally removed the stock mattress and camped at OverlandExpo West with just the Exped. Worked like a charm! I’ve got room to keep my cozy blanket and pillow up there too!! Now it’s time to mount the Bundutec ShowerCube I won at the Expo and the OverlandPros 6k awning I bought!!! Shhhh, don’t tell my wife (sometimes it’s better to ask for forgiveness)

Which mattress did you remove? A V2 or a Superlite?

I think it would be considered V1 because it came out of my V1 RTT (currently on my 4Runner, soon to be on my K5 Blazer)

I use the air mattress though. do you have first-hand experience?