MotoTruck Buildout (3 Drawer Slide, 2,500 WH Battery System, 12V Fridge and much more)

Hey man!! I’ve gotta say that I’ve been using what you’ve shared on this feed as the pinnacle of primmer build outs! I’ve done a LOTTTT of daydreaming constantly looking back on these posts.

One thing I am wondering about is the material you used for your cabinet sidings?? Seems like such a great alternative to heavy ply for sidings.

1 Like

Thank you! I am currently working on the counter top above the fridge, and installation of my diesel heater… I will post up some pics soon. :raised_hands:t3:

For the cabinetry (sides), I used “ACM” Aluminum Composite Material that is 1/8" in thickness. Its lightweight, easy to cut (with a razor blade), and a breeze to primer and paint since the surface is so smooth. ACM is surprisingly strong too.

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see the new additional mss! You’ll be pleased with the heater. Was an absolutely game changer for me last winter. Thanks for the follow up man!!

1 Like

Came across this post and I gotta say this is truly an impressive build. Like most, I’m thinking of doing a similar drawer system like your kitchen setup. Fairly sure I will not go as full-on as you have for everything in the truck but you’ve given me plenty to think about.

Where did you find the best place to pick up the 80/20?

1 Like

Thank you for the kudos, much appreciated! Can’t wait to see what you come up with, so make sure you post some pictures! I went with tnutz.com for the aluminum extrusion, l-brackets nuts, bolts etc.

1 Like

Like TMPerry said, also just stumbled upon this and absolutely amazing build out. WELL DONE! :clap:t3::clap:t3: The buildout seems to suite your family’s needs very well and looks great!

Was hoping you had some sort of ingenious way to fit the bike in the bed too but I was being unrealistically optimistic haha. Can’t go wrong with a 300 on some nice flowy single track, bike looks good :call_me_hand:t3:

Thanks for the write up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Buhlockaye! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

link??? thing looks like it fits pretty nicely ( the tailgate awning)

1 Like

@Dallas here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Hasika-Tailgate-Awning-Travel-Waterproof/dp/B09DS8ZHK3/ref=sr_1_3?crid=122KPIKA8AZZ2&keywords=hasika%2Btailgate%2Btent&qid=1690921826&sprefix=hasika%2Bta%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-3&th=1

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m going to be selling MotoTruck. I just bought a Sprinter and am going to be building it out.

The Tacoma is in excellent condition and looks brand new. Its a 2018 with only 55k miles. I have someone wanting to buy the truck by itself, but am willing to sell the truck fully built as it sets for 60K.

If I end up selling the truck separately, then I will be willing to sell the entire system (GFC, interior, awning, motorcycle rack, shower, plumbing, solar, battery, fridge, 3 drawer slide, etc) as one whole unit for 25k.

Last, but not least, I will sell everything separately but keep the electrical system for my Sprinter build.

I’m best reached by cell 661-332-7175, email: jsdrider@yahoo.com, or DM.

1 Like

Holy lord, what an amazing build thread. I will be referring back to this for sure. I am in the process of preparing for camper topper, kitchen, and storage system similar but simpler than yours. Until now, I had not considered being able to bring a motorcycle along with this camper setup on my 2017 Chevy Colorado. I am going to run my own calculations once my brain is more awake, but curious if you have your payload estimates handy?

I believe the Colorado has a bit more payload capacity than the Tacoma, so I am optimistic I will be able to make something work, but may require a new Moto. Currently riding a DR650, which even after being put on a diet is weighing in around 350 vs. ~240 lbs for your KTM.

Anyways, sorry if I am detracting from your sales attempts, just wondering if you have some easily available numbers to share :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I am sure I was well over the GVWR on many occasions by a couple hundred pounds or so when I had my KTM mounted up. The Firestone Ride Rites with Day Star Cradles handled it perfectly fine with zero issues.

Update: The interior buildout has been sold to @md666. The Tacoma has been sold as well, and a buyer is coming from Santa Cruz to pick the GFC up this Saturday.

3 Likes

What are you going to do with the sprinter? That’s my next move as well. I love the gfc on my Jeep but sprinters are amazing.

1 Like

I bought a 170 AWD Cargo and am doing a full buildout to seat 4/ sleep 4, with shower/toilet, 48V AC and 10KWH Battery Bank. We are stoked to start the build!

1 Like

I’d say post build pics to here if you remember! Based on your truck build out, I can only imagine how sick this will turn out.

3 Likes

Thank you! I will post some build pics when I get underway

1 Like

Interior Buildout is available. I will be posting on the Marketplace thread

Hi, curious to what depth of latch you are using for the 1/2 ply. Does it catch on the bottom of the extrusion or did you use a retaining bracket?

If I recall it was right at 1/2". I tried to use the included bracket bolted to the extrusion; however, I couldn’t get it to work perfectly. So, I notched out a part of the extrusion for the latch to seat properly when closing. If I were to do it again, I would most likely go with a BLUM or UTRUSTA hinge and forgo any latch altogether. This is the route I will be taking with my van build.