New England GFC Owners

I’ve been looking for some solid beach spots. Is this in southern Maine?

There are no beach spots in Southern Maine to camp on. Its been all bought up by Millionaires from “away” that then block access to the beach and post their property. But to bne honest, if I was paying $3 million for a modular in a beach community, I’d post it too.

1 Like

Of course…oh well the search continues.

Just bought my New England ski pass. I know Sunday River and Sugarloaf offer overnight camping in some lots. Let’s party! :snowboarder: :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Grew up skiing Sugarloaf every weekend. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’m gonna jump in this group too. Unit #1038 V1. I live in Mascarene, New Brunswick Canada and my parents live in Sedgwick, Maine. I’m originally from Maine. My family and I used to ( before covid) travel to ME/VT/NH all the time. Miss it. Now we tour the Maritimes. We are right off the highway #1 in SW New Brunswick. Anytime anyone heads up to Canada, give a shout! I’ll do the same when headed south.

2 Likes

Just got my New England pass too! I will be going to Loon most often, but definitely down to get up to those bigger mountains and camp out. I wanna make some trips up to Jay Peak too. :beers: :beers:

East Coast shipping options. I started this thread. Adding it hear also for obvious reasons.

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/east-coast-shipping-options/9737/4

Im definitely interested, after getting my V2. Winter trip?

1 Like

I have confirmed we can camp in Sugarloaf’s parking lot. Obviously, we would have to respect their rules, but how many would you be interested in skiing all day and hitting the bars at night?

I have 25% off for friends’ lift tickets. GFC ski day!

3 Likes

Count me in! Camping at the loaf is a piece of cake. Just call security before hand and they will tell you what lot you can camp in. Done it many times in both winter for skiing and summer for mountain biking.

2 Likes

When are you picking up?

Started the journey from Manchester NH boys this morning at 4am!! Plan is Chicago tonight, Rapid City SD tomorrow, arrive at the shop Saturday.

2 Likes

Excellent!!! Good luck that’s a big haul for me to do in a day. I am leaving sunday from Mass! gotta be there by the 11th I am definitely taking way more time than you are to get there lol
Just saw this today!! I am stoked…
unit number

I’ve been going to Boothbaby for the last 10 years during July 4th week. Small world! I stay at Harborfields for the week. Happy to say hi at the Boothbay Craft beer place if you got time that week. Will be there this coming July.

My rig will be a silver 2020 Ford Ranger access cab 4x4 with the GFC v2, which will finally be getting installed next week at Builteast in Granby… They’re also going to add front and rear Expedition One bumpers and a few other mods (rear air locker, suspension).

Going to add solar and a dc/dc charger, but not sure I’ll have that ready/installed by then. I do lots of kayaking the week I’m up there. from Barters Island launch and the town launch on the Aquarium road (no parking, but I just walk my surfski over.)

Oh, and I live in Shrewsbury MA, and I have decent woodworking skills. Going to do my own pull out drawers, but will epoxy the plywood to prevent rot. Boulter Plywood just north of Boston sells Okoume plywood. Btw, love Lie Nielsen and Shelter institute near you.

I will stop now. Got excited. My friend has a sportsmobile Sprinter van, so I can share some of the Northeast places he’s shown me if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Did it! 5200 miles round trip, 7 days and a solid night camping in Yellowstone.

9 Likes

Where in Yellowstone did you camp?

1 Like

Mammoth campground. I guess it’s the only place open year round. There were a few other people there but plenty of spots.

3 Likes

Looks great Zac!!
Yaaah!! Finally got mine man!! I’m still making the trip heading back home but I got at least a couple of days camping. One day at Yellowstone then out the northeast entrance , spent the next night in Wyoming near devils tower with some snow… I was also lucky enough to meet the hottest ranger I’ve ever met lol I’m looking forward to completing the customizing and knitting it up. I’d love to meet up with the northeast contingency at some point.

1 Like

I’m in Lancaster if you ever want to link up and do some overland camping in NH I’m down for it.

2 Likes