New England GFC Owners

Thanks ! I need to figure a few things out like new tires and wheels/ winter setup but I’m very happy!

We live north of Syracuse! Near Potsdam! We have only seen one GFC drive by us EVER here.

2 Likes

I am in MA and was wondering who heads up to Killington during the summer for DH riding. I have seen two GFC campers so far up there, one was RTT and the other was identical to mine.
We usually get season passes so I’ll be up there most weekends this summer utilizing their free camping and most likely wind testing my awning design lol

2 Likes

Plan to have mine at nemba fest at Sugarloaf. There were a few others in the camping area last year from what I remember.

2 Likes

Ooooh I didn’t know they were doing it at Sugarloaf! I really miss DH at Sunday River but I heard Abrams is picking up the slack in a big way.

2 Likes

Hey New Englanders. I’ve been dreaming/hoping to get a tour of someone’s GFC Camper. Are there any meet ups happening in NE anytime soon?

Couple suggestions:

1. Don’t wait for a meet up - it may be a while.
    I’ve found GFC owners are great ambassadors and more than willing to show off their rigs anytime.
  2. Post your location to give folks an idea of where you are located and how far you may are willing to travel. Far fewer GFC’s in NE than on west coast and they are spread out.
  3. Post here, FB GFC group and potentially Tacomaworld to hit the broader audience. This is a great forum but can’t hurt to spread your inquiry.

I’d show you mine but it’s on order with a July install date (NC) though I’m hoping it gets pulled in with ramp up in production ( fingers crossed, will know by end of this month).

You are doing the right thing to check it out before you order. Seeing the camper and talking 1:1 with owners really gives a feel for pros/cons vs relying on on-line videos. I did the same and it clinched the deal for me.

Happy hunting!

2 Likes

where in VT are you?

Burlington area

Hey, happy to find this string. I’m in NW CT looking forward to a July install! Will drive my Tacoma SR5 to Belgrade and back with some touring, camping along the way.

Saw my first east coast GFC in Brooklyn yesterday!

Photo here. Again, not me but would fun to know who it is!

1 Like

Do you ever get to Saranac Lake? My wife and I would love to see a platform camper in real life before we order one. Let me know if you’re heading this way and would be willing to stop by.

My son lives in Williston, Vt, we live in Saranac Lake. We’d love to see a platform camper in the flesh.

1 Like

Not I regarding Saranac Lake, but if you’re in NW CT after first week of August I’ll be Mack from MT with a brand new one! Meanwhile so many videos showing pros and cons out there on YouTube. Just know that some of the cons mentioned have been or are being addressed by GFC.

I’ll try to remember to ping you next time I head up to Fish Creek Pond (usually in the Fall after school starts up again). Tend to go to Moose River Plains more often, coming from Central Mass.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m not too worried about the cons you hear about. It’s just a matter of whether my wife can get in and out with her bad knees. :slight_smile:

I’d drive down to the Moose River Plains when you’re there to take a look if that was okay.

Ah got it!