Non Tacos; Who has a New Ford Ranger Build?

2011 with V2.

6 Likes

Preproduction Sherpa half rack for the ranger. Reach out to them if you are interested. They are making some slight changes so not sure how long until it goes production.

9 Likes

I have been waiting for someone to do a half rack for us! Thank you so much for the update on that!

3 Likes

Would love to see some more pictures of that Sherpa rack if you have some. Looks sweet!

That is an ingenious drawer slide. How do you keep it from extending too far and leaving the roller bearing support?

1 Like

pask did a stop this way, https://youtu.be/ELP41pDKaqs?t=359

I used a short slide lock, so you can just drill a hole in the square tube, or put a longer slidelock on the other side, and drill a hole in the drawer.

If I was downhill a little, so gravity was helping the drawer slide out, they don’t scarily launch at you. At the very, very end, they’ll drop a little when the drawer is just supported between 2 sets of bearings on each side. The bottom kitchen drawer will just barely rest on the tailgate fully extended. If it’s a problem in the future, I’ll add the stop block per the youtube link above, but haven’t needed it so far.

The homemade drawers actually roll better than the 32" full extension commercial slides I got for the fridge. There’s a little wiggle side to side on the homemade drawers, but it works. The square tube will surface rust though, so paint em with rustoleum or something. Those commerical slides have a ton of bearings in them with minimal dust protection, so it’ll probably get worse over time.

Here’s a photo of the jig I used for drilling the holes for m8 bolts… super, super easy to make.

1 Like

for others in this chat, we’re talking about these drawers.

3 Likes

A little late in the game, but here’s my 2021 Ranger Tremor Lariat.

As you can see in the driver side photo, the truck sits level fully loaded with all my gear. It drives fine both on and off road with an unmodified Tremor suspension. However, the headlights did require a small adjustment.

FYI: I have a Decked drawer system under those dogs.

5 Likes

Regretfully bidding the non taco community adieu as I am no longer a GFC owner! I’ll kindly welcome Mark to the channel once his GFC is up and running who now has my shell. Wife and I are officially Taxa cricket owners due to additional space needed for multiple dogos! Good luck to future ranger community as you all will be missed!

Hello Ranger crew,

I’m thinking of adding a wind fairing to my Ranger, looking to add a single crossbar to the cab of my truck, with a wind fairing attached (picture below). But it seems like Thule and others only sell the bars in a set of two. Has anyone done this and have an extra cross bar laying around that I could buy? Looking for a single bar that clamps to the edge of the roof. Let me know, thanks!

1 Like

Rhino Rack sells the naked roof clamps and vortex bar as a single set. They make a wind fairing too.

1 Like

Didn’t realize that, thank you!

I have the full Thule setup for a ranger if you’re near east coast? If not no worries. I personally liked having both bars as you could technically space them out enough for hard case storage like a pelican.

do you plan on sharing some pics and stories of a dry tent?

1 Like

6 Likes

for the life of me I can’t figure out why the tremor decal is so small. The regular 4x4 and STX are HUGE in comparison

Not sure either, but I kinda like that it’s smaller haha

1 Like

Any of you guys with a newer ranger looking to sell? Haha

This is one of the few trucks that would make me switch from Toyota. Such a cool rig.

1 Like

Not a ranger but it’s a non-taco. Came from the Jeep side and having a bed for camping is lifechanging lol… Love my raptor

63c793425cc78b433457cda7f416f63e9e25368f_2_690x460

cc6b76a5c70ad77537681cb7b4d130ae2fc9fd0b_2_690x460

3 Likes