Overland Expo 2024

With the 2024 dates of Overland expo being announced:

West: May 17-19
PNW: June 28-30
Mtn West: August 23-25
East: Oct 4-6

Is anyone already locked in for one of the events?

Any official @GFC presence at any of the events?

I’ll be at PNW driving down from Fairbanks for it!

4 Likes

We’ll be at PNW for sure, stoked to see you there!!

3 Likes

I’m assuming I won’t need a heater for June in Oregon right? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

hahaha amazing! Hopefully not, but it’d be cool if it had an AC option - last expo it was hitting ~95F each day :hot_face: not the ideal weather to sell hot quilts :joy:

The EcoFlow wave I believe does AC to some degree.

90?!?!?! I’m not going anymore :sweat_smile: can we have an expo in the winter months?

4 Likes

ooooo they really should consider a winter expo … that’d be perfect!

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly trying to talk a few folks in Alaska into hanging by an expo even if it’s not an official extension. But how badass would an overland expo arctic be?! There are already enough folks in the state of alaska visiting with Rv’s etc that it would do great. The vendors would be the only major issue. Getting all the stuff up here would cost a ton of $

2 Likes

Sounds like it becomes less of an expo and more of a hangout without the vendors :thinking:

1 Like

There are enough vendors in state and that would make the trip up but it wouldn’t be as massive a show as the four they currently have.

Expo is more than just vendors anyways and with the different “trails” in Alaska it feeds a completely different kind of customer as well.

2 Likes

Anyone head to Overland Expo West?

1 Like

I live in Redmond so I just did one day walking around. It was honestly miserable lol I had the dog and it was way too much for him. You shouldn’t need a heater at all, but definitely bring a shit ton of water for the pup just in case we have another heat wave this year.

I’ll miss everyone this year though, I’ve got a 4 day disc golf trip planned that weekend.

We’ll be there and pnw :call_me_hand: so pumped!

2 Likes

I will be there camping and taking some of the courses. Camping onsite in the cheaper area.

Hell yeah! I’m pretty stoked to be there. This will be a solo mission for me but excited to see some GFC builds in person.

I’ll definitely be stopping by your booth in Flag.

1 Like

I am hoping to go to the PNW expo from the SF Bay Area. I will not have my GFC yet though. Is it worth paying $185 to camp in the main area in a regular tent on ground? I also have a small tent that may fit on the back of my truck bed with tailgate down. Is it easier to just stay there vs. camp elsewhere every day? I’ve never been. Thanks!

@Dancebuff

If you just plan to spend the entire weekend at the expo then I think you would want to camp there. If you’re wanting to explore the area and the city then I’d just stay in a hotel.

Thanks so much @Dogandagladiator, appreciate it. ANY local info and advice is appreciated. I’m one of these moms who eats all organic non-GMO if possible so if you know of any places that might have one organic entree that would be awesome. And of course local adventures in the area to see before and after. Thanks!

Forgot to ask. Do you know if they sell out of those $185 vehicle camping tickets? Thanks.