OVERLAND SOFTGOODS CUSTOM FIT 1 INCH TOPPER NOW IN STOCK... but going shockingly fast!

I have a limited quantity of GFC Foam Topper Sets sitting in our suppliers warehouse ready to ship.

I’ll be honest with you. when we got them in and started setting up the website listing for the Toppers I just personally balked at the price of shipping. In my humble opinion… it’s ridiculous!!!

that said, I decided today to go ahead and list them and see how it would work out. My wife told me last night that many of the things that she has bought recently have as much as doubled in cost because of the crazy rise in shipping fees.

On a positive note… I have had been demo’ing Topper in my XL and have been out six nights. It is notably better for my 67 year old bones than the straight OEM mattress… for sure!

If all goes well and shipping does not become an overwhelming obstacle we will continue to offer this new product.

It was from the beginning, our goal to offer a system of products for our great campers to make them live even better. Adjustable sheet sets were designed and made to allow us to easily add a topper for added comfort.

Onward and upward…

Scott

3 Likes

Are there pictures anywhere of what this looks like? Your post seems to assume readers know what this is.

1 Like

Hi Sam! Thanks for pointing that out. This product has been talked about here on the forum and at the Facebook GFC owners group for a long time. When I asked our web guy to go live with it today at 4:30 he said that he would send out an email blast to all our customers who have purchased our GFC Sheet sets that are designed to accept a one inch topper.
I panicked when I saw that almost all of our test inventory (about 30 sets) was getting close to selling out in the first hour before I even thought to make this announcement on the forum.

Just wanted to get something on the forum as quick as possible.

I just added a link to our online store where you will find a couple of pics of the topper on top of the OEM mattress and under our GFC fitted Sheets.

It’s an engineered latex foam product which we spec’ed the foam for best density and stiffness. Pretty non-discript looking product that has been engineered for this application. The product we are selling is actually the third iteration of the foam topper. I rejected the first two samples and liked the third. It is a notable improvement over sleeping directly on the OEM mattress set for my 67 year old bones.

I hope that this helps!
Scott

6 Likes

Got my order in, thank you!

1 Like

Is the intent that you can close the top with the foam in place or is it a remove each time to pack up?

1 Like

Foam in place! There is a void between the OEM mattress and the tent roof of approx. one inch.
I used to keep my down sleeping bags up there when the tent was closed but now I just pack them away in a loose stuff sack.

3 Likes

Purchased! Thank you.

1 Like

Hey Sam! That’s great… I hope you love the GFC Sheets and Mattress Topper!

If you get a minute please take a photo of your rig with the new goodies. We will send you a GFC webbing keychain as our way of saying “thanks for being our new customer”, too.

Happy trails…
Scott

Nicely done!!

Should probably land you one of our quilts to test out, I’d bet it could stay packed up there nice and easy with your rad topper and sheets!

4 Likes

Well…if you’re offering, @AERONAUT.

Oh wait, guess that wasn’t directed at me. Can’t blame a guy for trying!

5 Likes

Hey Scott! I hope all is well.

Just placed my order and excited to get this upgrade in from a Colorado based company!

2 Likes

:rofl: love it!! You could try it out, and if you’re not 110% stoked in 110 nights (our “sleep on it” guarantee) you can return and we’ll even pay return shipping.

But for real, just ordered the topper. It looks awesome Scott! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Nice work, I love the sheets I got from you and for now it’s working “ok” with a 1.5” memory foam topper I cut to size although a bit of work to close the tent. If and when things change I’ll be getting some- keep up the good work, cheers

1 Like

Hey Scott,

Is the topper modular to fit to each of the three flooring pieces? I don’t use a ladder with my GFC, so I need to be able to keep the flooring modular since I’m always moving the pieces to get in/ out of bed.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Charlie! Yes, the foam topper set is modular. Cut to the same size as each of the GFC mattress segments. thanks for your interest!

1 Like

Just got mine, pretty happy with them. Makes a difference, doesn’t compress flat like the cheaper foam toppers you can buy on amazon. No issues at all closing GFC. The standout part are the sheets :slight_smile: I’ve had them for months now waiting for these toppers. Worth every penny.

6 Likes

Just got mine and definitely looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for the pictures.

1 Like

Yippeee!!! I’m so glad you like the topper/ sheet combo! The topper has been a great addition to my GFCamper. I was hopeful that others that give it a try will be equally enthusiastic.

Thank you for posting photos of the topper and sheets in your rig!!!

Happy trails…
Scott

1 Like

Nice! Did you just throw the topper on top of the factory GFC covers and then the sheet? The covers that came with mine from GFC have some play and was curious if the topper would fit inside of those?

2 Likes

Slept on my new topper from Overland Softgoods last night, its…AMAZING! Seriously the best night of sleep yet (we’re up to 28 nights). Fits with the GFC sheets (the ones from GFC) no issues, seams between modular panels are undetectable. Closes up no problem. Super stoked, thanks @WrinkledPants!

2 Likes