Post Your Pudding Here (2024)

This is the place to share a snapshot of each night out camping and gain community status for 2024.

Our community is adventurous and values nights out exploring our interesting world. You will earn status from Mall Crawler to Lifer by sharing your adventures and nights you’ve spent in a GFC with the forum. Status is tracked throughout the year and resets annually, but we’ll commemorate your travels with a surprise to cap off your efforts.

Here’s how it works: The count is determined by how many nights you spend in your GFC on an annual basis. To have your nights counted, you must post one photo per night out within this pudding thread to be counted. Each night you camp requires a new photo to be posted. We will then count the number of nights and automatically put you into the group statuses below.

To spell it out…

• STEP 1: Get out there in your GFC and take a photo of each day/ night you camp. We don’t care where you do it, just get out there and be sure to take a daily snapshot of your rig in its natural habitat.
  • STEP 2: Upon your return, jump into this thread, hit reply, and upload ONE photo for each night you camped. If you camped 5 nights, you post 5 photos.
  • STEP 3: Our automated system then takes a daily inventory of the photos you post as you work towards one statuses below.

No rules, but photos must be from this year. Have fun with this and don’t try to game the system. :metal:

STATUS EXPLAINED:

• MALL CRAWLER (0 Nights): We’ve all crawled a mall or two in our day. As a new user this is your official status until you’ve leveled up to a weekend warrior. To escape this status go camping and make your first night’s post! If your first night is actually at a mall, well then, you’ll get a GFC mall-crawler sticker.
  • WEEKEND WARRIOR (1-49 Nights): Got at least one night in your GFC? Congrats for getting out there! As they say, the secret is to begin.
  • WEEKEND LEGEND (50-99 Nights): 50-plus nights in a year? You’re a frickin’ legend. Like that kid from your neighborhood back in the 70s who jumped the canyon on his BMX bike without a helmet and may have lived to tell the tale. You deserve a velvet painting of yourself standing tall next to your truck to hang over your fireplace mantel. We’re not going to send you a painting, but we will send you a rad cnc-machined Weekend Legend badge to slap on your camper.
  • LIFER (99+ Nights): More than 99 nights per year in a GFC? You’re riding that thin line between adventurous and homeless and in our heart of hearts we want to be you. You’re living the dream for the rest of us and for that we’ll send you an even more rad Lifer badge. CNC-machined of course.
6 Likes

Night 1: Fairbanks, AK
c960b6b675ae8e68edeca4e4d867f15c857ac518_2_1080x720

Video:

7 Likes

Night 2: Denali National Park
a898e35ca911c577cb2fc16de01fc5aee5217797_2_1080x592

3 Likes

@steezeman don’t forget to update your nights in the new thread. (Love that the two people in Alaska are leading the way lol)

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of my brother and i with my son out at j tree

7 Likes

Is that the Devos light in the back?

1 Like

Yes, there are 2 of them, one is just out of frame on the right lighting up my tan taco. I love these things, my brother bought me mine for christmas and I use i all the time for work on locations for my job or camping

1 Like

First 4 of 2024 (my personal count is 5 but for the rules of pudding I’m only at 4)

Turnagain pass

Girdwood

Whittier

Turnagain pass… again (only got one pic for the last two nights there, oops)

Theme has been cold and wet. Skiing has been excellent up higher. My New Year’s resolution is to start taking better pudding pics

Girdwood

Another night. Expecting almost a foot of fräsh tomorrow

Fell off the picture taking bandwagon. It’s a lot of pressure taking pics every night! Have slept in the GFC every night in 2024 so far

7 Likes

Day 0 of 2024 at Trona Pinnacles.

4 Likes

The math isn’t mathing

2 Likes

well new years. so pass 12 midnight that’s 2024 right. I just happen to count that as 0 since technically the night of 1/1 is first night.

1 Like

stock suspension?

Icon AAL in the back. Looking at doing king springs and archive garage leafs in the back soon. Getting sick of bottoming out on potholes. I used to be strict on GVW but AK in the winter makes it impossible with the amount of tools and energy I carry around.

1 Like

Quick night in the state park. Not my normal scene as they get overcrowded here in the Door Peninsula but winter time leaves them very quiet and convenient for a last minute adventure.

10 Likes

-25C

7 Likes

Night 3: Denali NP

Video:

7 Likes

Night 4: Fairbanks AK

11 Likes

Night 1 in Windrock, TN

5 Likes

Forgot this thread for the end of 2023…I’ll try and remember to get 2024 nights posted. 3 so far for the year.

4 Likes

First night testing the new diesel heater. Worked great!

4 Likes