Post Your Pudding Here (2024)

I’m back!

Night 26 on the year but only night 7 in the GFC as the jeep was without an engine for four months.

9 Likes

Resurrected!!

1 Like

10 Likes

3x nights at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff. Had a blast riding around scooping the rigs. My little brother had a blast at the bike park.

5 Likes

My apologies to anyone who lives in Missoula. This is the 4th time I’ve visited to look at properties and the 4th time it snowed. At least this time it was still warm enough to camp.

1 Like

NIGHT 042 / Another night out at Evangola State Park, NY — Really enjoying how simple it is to pull apart our new kitchen drawer for use on picnic tables when available.

NIGHT 043 / Quick ovenight at Rock Point Provincial Park, ON

NIGHT 044 / Reall great Farm Hipcamp near Brantford, ON

7 Likes

3 Likes

Campgrounds aren’t the most fun, but getting out with friends and family is!

Night 7

Night 8

4 Likes

Night 9

For some reason a lot of pictures aren’t uploading so I’m posting the ones that will haha

3 Likes

Night #6 - Fremont-Winema NF

I was in awe of this area when I passed through last fall and decided to head down this way for memorial day weekend. Theres a large ridge overlooking Summer Lake that is all NF land. I headed up that way and found an decent spot, 100yd walk to the edge of the ridge to overlook the valley. Cold! 34deg overnight. Smokey, not thrilled.

h

Night #7 - Diamond Craters, OR

Headed east, through Hart Mountain Antelope Refuge, then towards Steens Mountain. The loop at Steens is still shut down, but I found some BLM land just north. Got a spot up on top of a hill overlooking the whole Diamond Craters area. Windy! Got a great picture of the dog and the truck… “GFC, its the shit”?

Night #8 - Umatilla NF

Kind of a rough day. Some great dirt roads through central Oregon, snaked through Malheur NF into John Day. My destination was one of the few campsites on the North Fork John Day River, which surprise surprise was absolutely packed on Memorial Day weekend. So, I decided to continue on to the next days route. Unfortunately, the route I had mapped followed a very rough USFS road, and I got caught behind a 2wd 4Runner, while SxS’s filled with families tried passing us downhill.

After an hour+ of crawling up this goat path, made it into the national forest, drove around for another 45min until I found this clearing. Long day on the road, but we made it

2 Likes

Night #3: Devils Lake State Park, WI

2 Likes

Build that yourself?

I did build it myself with limit tools and even more limited carpentry skills. It’s not the prettiest build up close, but it gets the job done. Here’s a couple more pictures from the inside and one from the side…. I decided to go with a slide out extension so I didn’t have to do any drilling to the gfc for the wood stove and so I could sleep downstairs when it’s super windy or hangout with a little extra room when it’s raining/snowing.

3 Likes

Looks awesome. Folds and stows in your bed?

Thanks, yeah it slides in and tailgate still closes up. I can take take it out of my truck by removing 4 screws.

1 Like

Rolled into camp after dark hoping for a decent view this morning and the view from the GFC didn’t disappoint at sunrise.

4 Likes

#13 Sue-Meg SP

#14 Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest

#15 Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest

#16 Humboldt County

5 Likes

Night one of the past weekend, totally secluded and had the whole valley to ourselves up the road from the kern river.

Day 2 goldledge camp ground, tying on flies for my son to fly fish the kern river

Johnsondale bridge going after those famous golden trout.

5 Likes

Day 6 Virgin River Canyon Campground, AZ

Snapped some pictures before I deployed the tent. After the tent was deployed I climbed up to take a nap and woke up to smell of dinner

Day 7 “Grand Canyon North,” AZ

6 Likes

Night 10: Back on the Manistee for another night. I guess this is my favorite spot.

3 Likes