Prepare for take off, Flight Deck has arrived

Couple questions:

• if we buy the partial rack, will we be able to buy additional bars and covers as needed?

• what is the height between the floor of the bed and the bottom of the flight deck?

• looks like this mounts to the factory bed rails? If so, do you know if it’ll mount with Leitner Designs rack? That rack mounts to the factory bed rails as well.

Thanks!

Additional question to 4ADVTRS list:

What is the distance between the bars? So I can figure out which bins can be accessed from above…

it rests on the lip that is on the side of the bed at the level of the wheel well.

A few answers…

You will be able to purchase additional bars and covers.

The dimension from top of bed rib to bottom of beef bar is 9.375-9.5".

The mounts to the bed rail (track) is only to keep the platform secure side to side, front to back and prevent uplifting. As NYCO mentioned above, the rails bear down directly on the molded ledges, each side of the bed.

Bar spacing is 12" on center.

1 Like

Do you have more detailed pictures of it in the bed? Is there a gap around the edges?

Yo! I have a shoot and some walk through videos scheduled for tomorrow/next week, but I just shot these of Wiley’s truck:

1 Like

Would you be able to find out if it works with a full Bed Rug? My Bed Rug lines the entire bed, so if the Flight Deck sits on top of that ledge, I’m wondering if there’s enough wiggle room for it to work?

What kind of truck do you have? If you have a Taco, there should be enough wiggle room as long as the T-track system is still accessible.

Yeah, I have a 2017 Taco. The entire T-track system is accessible, but the Bed Rug covers every part of the bed just below the track. I was concerned when I heard that the Flight Deck sat on top of the ledge part of the bed. Sounds like it’ll work, though? Thanks!

1 Like

Does price include the dog? Or is this an add on price? Who doesn’t love a Blue eyed dog!

2 Likes

It should work without issue, I think we could set in some carpet where the FD lays on the plywood shelf in the Tacoma just to check, I will get back to you on that.,

Any word on support for other platforms? So far there’s enough colorado/canyon, F150, gladiator, ranger, ram and so forth. Understand most the west coast is bent up Toyota’s, but GFC customer base is the most diverse of the campers.

1 Like

We are working on different models one at a time. The Tacoma itself makes up just about 60-70% of all GFC campers so it was an obvious first, then the Tundra (we also have unlimited access to both of these vehicles for mock up and test fit). Then we will filter them out based on the popularity of the truck. Keep in mind however that the flight deck does not need a GFC to work, it will be a good bed platform regardless of what you have over the bed or do not have over the bed. With that said, the Tacoma dominates the market for that type of accessory followed by the Tundra then over tot he Ranger/Colorado/F150 etc.

Any more pictures. Interested if the edge of the platform is flush to the side of the bed or if stuff will fall through a gap?

1 Like

We are going to do a small video with more information soon which will cover stuff like that,

If you’re argument is a bed type platform that doesn’t need a GFC to work and that’s the intent then I would argue that GM/Ford/FCA outsell Toyota by the millions. I understand most people that have a GFC have a Toyota, but that’s a pretty niche market if you’re trying to compete with Decked, etc.

1 Like

Clearly they are not trying to compete with Decked given their prices. The idea of a full Flight Deck costing between $1700-2100 with no drawers (or at lest some type of divider underneath) to keep your stuff from sliding around is a joke. They are essentially offering a half finished product that costs a lot more than a Decked storage system. Okay, great, I can tie down stuff on top of the Flight Deck and it is light. But where is my stuff suppose to go underneath? Just slide around all over the place? What am I suppose to do when my stuff slides under panels that I can’t easily get to because I have items tied down on top of the panels above it? I was looking forward to this product, but it is incomplete to say the least.

2 Likes

You are not wrong, but the people who send money in this market in particular own more Toyota’s. I can tell you we do not just simply build things, we build them with a purpose and for a purpose and we do extensive research beforehand. There is no argument that all of those brands or even if you just consider ford, that puts out more trucks daily (exclusively the F150) than all the other brands, sell more than Toyota. But the market, out market, is more saturated with Toyotas than anything else. We have a ton to release, in terms of accessories and vehicle models but that takes time, and much more.

We did meet for some PD on our drawers and other unreleased or specified accessories and those will be coming soon. But our product is not intended to be the same ad the decked platform, while it will serve some of the same functions it is quite different. Does Decked make campers? No they do not. Do they build RTTs? No they do not. Do they build accessories to mount to anything? No they do not. Trying to compare us to a company that makes one specific product, while we specialize in a completely different one seems a little odd. We have a ton to release in terms of accessories and a ton to release in terms of vehicle models, but that takes time and more. At some point we plan to be able to offer a complete lightweight and modular system to build out your entire, or partial truck bed with all components coming from us, including the camper, which is nothing that any current company can say.

2 Likes

Your post makes my point. You released a product that is not finished. We have to wait weeks/months to see what MAY come with the Flight Deck. Until then, it is incomplete and one’s stuff can slide around underneath the Flight Deck.

How many products GFC makes and Decked makes is irrelevant because GFC entered into a market space that is dominated by Decked. Yes, your system has some differences than Decked, but it is still a bed storage system. And Decked does offer Core TRAXs with stainless steel attachment loops that allows one to mount anything that you can mount on a Flight Deck—very similar to your track nuggets except you have more areas horizontally to place the nuggets than what a Core TRAX does. The main difference between the two are not as vast as you make it seem. My Decked bed set up is identically to Wiley’s: two KO2s horizontally stacked with a Cooler/Fridge and my Pro Eagle Kratos all up top. The big difference is that I have two drawers underneath for more storage whereas Wiley does not.

I am looking forward to the accessories that you all design to go with the Flight Deck. But given the price as it stands and the cost of future accessories, a fully loaded GFC Flight Deck could cost near double what a Decked cost. Time will tell whether people are willing to pay that. It will be interesting to see if you all can incorporate some type of storage system on top of the Flight Deck similar to what Goose Gear sells.