Prepare for take off, Flight Deck has arrived

1 Like

Any timeframe on this?

Would love to be able to put my spare below the Flight Deck in my Tacoma

No worries man, I too often get the same rap as coming off too strong or direct, you’ll get no animosity from me!

I’ll check in with the design team!

Patiently awaiting the release of the Flight Deck for Tundra Crew Max. Hoping it will be released in time for my drive to Montana to pick up my GFC in a few months. My decked is great but it lacks multiple ways to tie down gear and is very heavy.

2 Likes

Any word on Tundra CM flight decks?

1 Like

One thing you’ve not noted about the Decked system is the weight: 230 lbs bare for a mid-size, without any of the internal organization. A full FD is 70 lbs, granted without storage drawers; add a selection of high quality plastic bins underneath and you add 20 lbs. Plywood storage platform and plastic storage bins underneath are a common storage solution for Tacos, well documented on Tacoma forums. I did 3 weeks overlanding and roadtripping from SoCal through North and South Baja using the platform + storage bins solution and it worked great. The FD is a lighter, stronger, more flexible version of the 3/4 plywood + 2x8s platform.

WRT being ‘incomplete’: The FD, not so different from the GFC itself, is a ‘minimalist design’ which some, such as myself, appreciate. I do not want nor need a heavyweight solution like Decked, that is also rather expensive, heavy, and the drawers actually waste a ton on space. The FD, like the GFC itself is a blank canvas, up to the owner to customize it to their needs.

In terms of cost, I do agree that $2k for the full FD is extremely steep – enough so, that I am holding off on purchasing for the moment. That said, I’ve researched building something myself out of 8020, which would not have the flip-up storage plates to access the underneath storage area, and have found that 8020 adds up fast – it is not cheap.

Best,
DJM

1 Like

I’ve been asking the same question every month. No word yet on CM.

I totally agree. The main reason I went with the FD was strictly for weight. Otherwise, I would’ve bought the Decked system.

1 Like

I have a Decked right now but will be swapping it out for FD when it becomes available. Need to lighten the load.

2 Likes

On an IG post a few months back they said they were working on a tundra model…I’m waiting as well

1 Like

Any word on the release of any new models? Waiting for them to release a version for the Colorado!

I haven’t heard anything, been wondering as well.

After watching the Tuesday night ig video, it sounds like flight decks are on the back burner. GFC has been focused on improving production times and the release of their new products. Either way, looking forward to the release of new flight deck models when they are able to shift their focus back to them.

I hope there was a tundra flight deck being tested out with the V2 tundra shots that gfc posted…anybody hear of updates regarding new flight deck models?

Negative. Nothing yet. When I picked up my camper they said they were looking at adding drawers as an option. That was months ago. Need to get something lighter than Decked.