Product Improvement Tour (P.I.T.)

I will be sending stuff out to everyone as soon as we have the dates. This is a big push and a huge change so we are working through it as quickly but also as diligently and cautiously as we should be. I just got back from my first vacation in 2 years now and will be hitting it hard this week! Stand by for some updates this week!

3 Likes

Hey guys, one other thing!

If you were ever added to the PIT list, and did not drive up here for a full rebuild then you are still on the PIT list! No one was removed from it and I just wanted to confirm that to everyone after the plethora of emails I received asking that question over the last week.

If you did get a full rebuild you are not ineligible for the upgraded hinge you have just been moved down the list so I can get to the campers that are currently broken or have not been sealed.

I should have updates for everyone this week, that I will be emailing you individually so you will know you are still on the list.

If you were never put on the list I can definitely add you, just know that the first 150 campers who have the old crown seal and those currently broken have priority for the new hinge.

Thanks guys!

6 Likes

Is there a master list so we know we are on it?

1 Like

There is but unfortunately it has everyone’s personal information on it. Though everyone should know they are on it because they have had communication with me. If you did not communicate with me and I did not tell you that you were on the PIT then you are not but everyone else who I have talked to about the PIT is on there and no one has been removed.

Awesome, thanks! @Mike_GFCUSA

1 Like

Excellent news and good to hear. Looking forward to the upgrade.

1 Like

In for updates for the Northern Cali region PIT

Everyone will receive an update when there is one.

2 Likes

Would it help to spread out the number of campers being fixed in certain locations?

ex. If there are ~20 campers to be repaired in San Diego city, which I’m in, but there are only ~5 in Esco/Oside or the other locations, would it make more sense to even it out a bit and meet in a location with fewer campers to be fixed?

I could meet up at any of these locations “WEST LA (Area)- EAST LA (Area)- ESCONDIDO/OCEANSIDE (Area)- SAN DIEGO (Area)” if splitting it up makes it easier/quicker to get more campers done per stop.

2 Likes

I do have you all lumped into a specific “area” for the ease of communication in the general forum I just added those cities, plus they are easier to plot into maps. Once I start Leg 2 I will contact you all in the “groups” to see who all can meet up at the same time/same place etc.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. Thanks Mike!

1 Like

@Mike_GFCUSA you rock. I am SOOOOO looking forward to getting my hinges updated. It is literally the only thing that I worry about on this thing.

Now, if we can only open up the damn Canadian border before you head to the PNW…I’m not holding my breath however.

Be well!

1 Like

When do you guys think you will start offering the hinge upgrade to people at the shop? (Non-broken/proactive upgrade).

2 Likes

I am working on training someone up to take care of this while I am out and about. Taylor or myself will reach out when we can start scheduling!

2 Likes

I may have to get creative for all my Canadian brothers up there just in case it does not workout that way. I will get you all taken care of none-the-less.

Sent an email yesterday morning. Also a follow up earlier today. Are you guys only responding to emails on specific days?

1 Like

If you sent an email to support@gfcengineering.com you should know they are very very backed up. The SUPER LITE tent release has put about 100-120 extra emails in their inbox a day, which is pretty insane. If you have something specific to ask about the PIT or have had a hinge failure occur you can email me, mike@gfcengineering.com but if you do not have an acute failure or are int he first 150 I will not be able to add you to the current PIT.

3 Likes

Did any emails go out to people on leg 2 yet? I have not received an email now that the PIT is restarting.

From the other thread it sounds like leg 1 is underway successfully which is great news for all of us.

2 Likes

People in leg 2 will get an email when that is about to start. Too many variables to give you much more than an estimated start.

1 Like

Huge shout-out to Mike and GFC for taking care of me with the PIT! Even while I was out of town this weekend. :beers:

6 Likes