Production Timeline Records

Providing my build schedule information if it is helpful to the group.
Unit 843 for a ZR2.

August 26, 2019 email - Deposit paid. Estimated start date February 2021
October 14, 2019 email - Estimated start date changed to July 2020
February 17, 2020 email - Color and options choices
February 25, 2020 email - Invoice paid, notice of build start in 12 weeks
August 7, 2020 email - In Production
August 21, 2020 email - Components Produced
August 24, 2020 email - In Assembly
September 24, 2020 email - Curing
September 25, 2020 email - Complete

Scheduled install October 2, 2020

1 Like

We just installed @thoganco’s camper this morning! I was really pumped that we were able to get him in while he was in Montana.

8 Likes

Headed out to drive the 2,319 miles to pick up my GFC. Install scheduled for 9a MST, then back to Wilmington, NC. YeeHaw!!!

2 Likes

Taylor, I am on my way. See you Monday.

1 Like

Im curious as I’m sure there are quite a few others that are also curious about this. You guys sent a email out saying that you were a month ahead of the starting production time lines. Is this still true as of now? My original start date was at the end of October. It’s the end of September with no word yet. Has there been a delay or something? In one of the other threads here and on the Facebook group quite a few people had posted that they were told by GFC that there were quality control management problems with some of the welding going on. Is this also true?

1 Like

Exactly… I was told I was one month ahead. My start date was originally in October and then in the email they sent with “good news” months back confirmed that my build with be in production in September. We are basically in October now. Something must have obviously gone wrong. Unless they email me by September 30th and say “we told you in September but we didn’t say what day”. Lol. I honestly don’t even know what to believe or expect any more. And the more hinges I keep seeing falling apart even in the high 500s, the more I think to myself if it’s even worth it. Not trying to be a negative Nancy over here, simply just expressing.

2 Likes

Stoked to have it on!!! Thanks guys for making it happen while I was in the area hunting. No return trip from TX! Sometimes it just works!
Like all the other comments the experience was 1st rate. THANKS…THANKS…THANKS!!

6 Likes

I see that’s an XL…what Build # were you?

1 Like

@crazyfingers @pilitojrs Both of your campers are about to start. Materials have arrived at HQ and as soon as metal town starts welding your frames I’ll send you an email.

@AJackson49 Check your email, I just sent you a good one :sunglasses:

2 Likes

NOW THAT’S THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL MONTH!! That’s great to hear believe me it’s been a real crappy month!! It’s the small things like this I get pleasure from. News like this can change your whole outlook for the remainder of the year! Thanks for the update.

4 Likes

Looks so sick man!!! Congrats!

Just got my email that mine is in production!

1 Like

Which unit # are you?

1 Like

I am build number 974

Hot damn that means I’m next!!! #975

1 Like
  1. I was REALLY hoping to have mine before I went on my hunt… but it was not to be. 58, and one last trip sleeping on the ground!
    Ironically I wanted to have all these photos of the GFC in action on the elk hunt. Instead… my first night in it was a Walmart parking lot in Jamestown ND :joy::joy::joy: on my way to MN to drop off my hunting partner.
    A few weeks of bird hunting and then back to TX. 5600 miles and counting…

Anyone know how many units they’re building a week these days?

I’m unit 944 and have not received the “in production” email. Are there specific reasons why this happens where for example you’re 974 and already got your email, and me being 944 and still haven’t gotten it? My build is not XL nor does it have any special custom request.

No idea… Mine is for a jeep gladiator… and I have been all paid up since May… maybe im in a batch for 5 foot beds… or perhaps I was paid in full before you… who knows…

1 Like

I see. Yeah, I also paid in full in May. May 18th to be exact. Mine is for a Tacoma 5ft bed. I sent Taylor an email, we‘ll see what happens. Thanks for the info.