Production Timeline Records

anyone have an idea what build # they’re on?

Reserved spot - Oct 11, 2019
Invoice paid - April 20, 2020
Ready for Production - April 20, 2020
Estimated start date is Sept 2020.
:crossed_fingers: that I get an email soon notifying production is starting! Original estimated completion date was April 2021, so we are definitely ahead of schedule.

1 Like

@Rebel910: I’m curious… you purchased your spot on October, 2019… and the completion was supposed to be done in April, 2021? Why so long? I hear they all take a full year to be fully done so 1 year and 6 months is a bit surprising. Im 944 and was told my production would start in September, 2020. Originally was supposed to start in October, but was informed (as everyone else was) that I was pumped up (944 only got bumped up a month. So far haven’t gotten an email mine is in production so I’m starting to believe it’s no longer happening this month since you haven’t gotten yours and yours is sooner. Hope we get the email soon! Cheers.

1 Like

@pilitojrs The original completion date supplied was before COVID and the production improvements GFC put in place. We ordered an XL, so maybe waiting to get enough to do a batch of them? When I’ve emailed through the process I have received a prompt reply each time. Just trying to contain my excitement!

1 Like

Gotcha I see what you mean. Yeah so far I’ve had the opposite experience haha. But that’s how it goes sometimes i guess. I hear ya. Good luck man!

I am build 768. If the 12 week build was accurate, mine should have been done 4 weeks ago. I sent an email to Taylor, and he told me my space frame was defective.
In MT hunting with my son, and hoping they can finish it soon so I don’t have to drive from TX again.
Waiting for an update…

#841 - Feel bad for #768. Completion and delivery seems to be a bit of a mystery. I like that they are auditing the build quality. Originally was confident I was going to get my camper early, as at one point #841 was furthest along on the leaderboard (Parts Produced 8/15, Started asking about build status when I saw that #840 had received his camper). Since then several others have been produced so am unsure how they choose next frames for assembly or if they have a backlogged expert welder to fix defects.

8/24/2019 - Order/Deposit
8/26/2019 - First Email received from GFC (Estimated start February 2021) - Emotion its a wait but the GFC is what I’ve been looking for.
3/11/2020 - Ready for Production - Emotion Wow that was fast I’m going to be getting my Camper Early!
7/1/2020 - In Production - 12 week estimate - Emotion Wow should be awesome going out to Montana in September.
7/15/2020 - Components Produced. Emotion things are moving along
8/24/2020 - Progress Inquiry. Received Reply 8/28 - Frame didn’t pass QC but still have time. (8 weeks)
9/15/2020 - Progress Inquiry. Received Reply 9/16 - Told I had parts and was waiting for assembly. (11 weeks)

1 Like

Hang in there bro, having it right will be worth it.

Wow, that’s pretty bad news. Makes me feel a bit uneasy. Hope it all works out.

Providing my build schedule information if it is helpful to the group.
Unit 843 for a ZR2.

August 26, 2019 email - Deposit paid. Estimated start date February 2021
October 14, 2019 email - Estimated start date changed to July 2020
February 17, 2020 email - Color and options choices
February 25, 2020 email - Invoice paid, notice of build start in 12 weeks
August 7, 2020 email - In Production
August 21, 2020 email - Components Produced
August 24, 2020 email - In Assembly
September 24, 2020 email - Curing
September 25, 2020 email - Complete

Scheduled install October 2, 2020

1 Like

We just installed @thoganco’s camper this morning! I was really pumped that we were able to get him in while he was in Montana.

8 Likes

Headed out to drive the 2,319 miles to pick up my GFC. Install scheduled for 9a MST, then back to Wilmington, NC. YeeHaw!!!

2 Likes

Taylor, I am on my way. See you Monday.

1 Like

Im curious as I’m sure there are quite a few others that are also curious about this. You guys sent a email out saying that you were a month ahead of the starting production time lines. Is this still true as of now? My original start date was at the end of October. It’s the end of September with no word yet. Has there been a delay or something? In one of the other threads here and on the Facebook group quite a few people had posted that they were told by GFC that there were quality control management problems with some of the welding going on. Is this also true?

1 Like

Exactly… I was told I was one month ahead. My start date was originally in October and then in the email they sent with “good news” months back confirmed that my build with be in production in September. We are basically in October now. Something must have obviously gone wrong. Unless they email me by September 30th and say “we told you in September but we didn’t say what day”. Lol. I honestly don’t even know what to believe or expect any more. And the more hinges I keep seeing falling apart even in the high 500s, the more I think to myself if it’s even worth it. Not trying to be a negative Nancy over here, simply just expressing.

2 Likes

Stoked to have it on!!! Thanks guys for making it happen while I was in the area hunting. No return trip from TX! Sometimes it just works!
Like all the other comments the experience was 1st rate. THANKS…THANKS…THANKS!!

6 Likes

I see that’s an XL…what Build # were you?

1 Like

@crazyfingers @pilitojrs Both of your campers are about to start. Materials have arrived at HQ and as soon as metal town starts welding your frames I’ll send you an email.

@AJackson49 Check your email, I just sent you a good one :sunglasses:

2 Likes

NOW THAT’S THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL MONTH!! That’s great to hear believe me it’s been a real crappy month!! It’s the small things like this I get pleasure from. News like this can change your whole outlook for the remainder of the year! Thanks for the update.

4 Likes

Looks so sick man!!! Congrats!