Production Timeline Records

Just got my email that mine is in production!

1 Like

Which unit # are you?

1 Like

I am build number 974

Hot damn that means Iā€™m next!!! #975

1 Like
  1. I was REALLY hoping to have mine before I went on my huntā€¦ but it was not to be. 58, and one last trip sleeping on the ground!
    Ironically I wanted to have all these photos of the GFC in action on the elk hunt. Insteadā€¦ my first night in it was a Walmart parking lot in Jamestown ND :joy::joy::joy: on my way to MN to drop off my hunting partner.
    A few weeks of bird hunting and then back to TX. 5600 miles and countingā€¦

Anyone know how many units theyā€™re building a week these days?

Iā€™m unit 944 and have not received the ā€œin productionā€ email. Are there specific reasons why this happens where for example youā€™re 974 and already got your email, and me being 944 and still havenā€™t gotten it? My build is not XL nor does it have any special custom request.

No ideaā€¦ Mine is for a jeep gladiatorā€¦ and I have been all paid up since Mayā€¦ maybe im in a batch for 5 foot bedsā€¦ or perhaps I was paid in full before youā€¦ who knowsā€¦

1 Like

I see. Yeah, I also paid in full in May. May 18th to be exact. Mine is for a Tacoma 5ft bed. I sent Taylor an email, weā€˜ll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

That is around the time I paid for mine, and just picked it up last Friday.
Two issues with my build that delayed. One was a QC on the frame. Got sent back. The other was a scratch.
I told the guys, as hard as it is to make a call saying there is a delay, communication is the key. We are all anxious as kids to get this thing. The lack of communication drives the anxiety to places it not be. Like postponing Christmas!
Understanding the build process helps with understanding delays. Each piece is made to order. One issue like I had in mine and you add 2 weeks, maybe three,
Sourcing with Covid I believe also slowed things down a touch.
All that statedā€¦a phone call or email communicating the delay would have help set my mind and reset my expectations.
They really are great guys, and company.
I hope yours is out soon.
Cheersā€‹:crossed_fingers::v:

3 Likes

Solid feedback and I agree they are great great people. That said as a small biz owner myself, communication is key to keeping customers from getting ā€œunrulyā€ or anxious. We donā€™t do any manufacturing but I have been adjacent to it for a good portion of my life and know poop happens. I assume many of us are just as keen on the process, as we are on the final product but at the end of the day, they need to work to get us what we want (not spend their time filling us in on day to day).

Any anxiety Iā€™ve experienced, has been wiped away by the good folks on this forum and GFC teams collective response to any and all of our concernsā€¦ always with a proper fix or reason given.

Iā€™m as excited as anyone to get my GFC but the waiting will be part of the story told around camp fires and in parking lots when approached by ā€œhow to you like thatā€™ers?ā€ for years to come.

We bought the ā€œticketā€, now we gotta take the ride.

Cheers,

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say I have anxiety. I get the whole ā€œwe bought the ticket now we gotta take the rideā€ part. The point I was making here is the person who received his ā€œin productionā€ email is 30 spots above me. Thatā€™s not just a couple spots. And I still had not received any sort of update. Yes, things happen but itā€™s becomes frustrating when you find out you also paid on timeā€¦ you also have a 5ft bed and you arenā€™t notified of anything. You mentioned communication- that is very important I agree. And GFC eventually responds. But If I wouldnā€™t have seen the post about the guy getting his in production email, I wouldnā€™t have found out and would have assumed they are just behind on everyone. With that said, I reached out myself and received a response. Thank you for your input though. Have a great one!

Hey @pilitojrs,

No worries and by no means was I saying you had anxiety, @thoganco had mentioned the word and it seemed most appropriate for how I felt too. I agree this forum is very helpful for insights and super glad we have it. No one wants to wait any longer then they have to and I donā€™t believe GFC is playing any kind of favoritism games. Glad you got the response needed!

Be well,

That makes total sense!

Thanks man,

Cheers!:raised_hands:

Stoked to hear you were able to get some answers. So please share with us all why there was a delay with your build as Iā€™m sure other people would like to know?

Do you think it would be unprofessional to post a screenshot ? Its a bit lengthy for me to summarize right now that Iā€™m working but I think people would benefit from seeing it all. However I donā€™t want it to seem as if Iā€™m trying to start something negative, you know?

Hey gang,

Iā€™d be happy to share my response to @pilitojrsā€™s question.

I just checked the production schedule, and your unit actually got welded up today! You should see a production update from me in your inbox now.

Unit #974 may have started before yours, but that was likely a fluke on productionā€™s side of things. Typically, production moves through in batches of campers, and sometimes they end up with an extra tube set on hand. This can either be caused by ordering errors, last minute changes made by the customer, or other unplanned variables. Either way, unit #974 got started early, and your unit is right on time. To further illustrate that, there are only two other units in the build queue that started early between yours and unit #974.

To be clear, there wasnā€™t a delay on this unit, it was just at the end of the list of units with an estimated September start date. Also, @crazyfingers you should have received a good email from me. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you very much I did get the email!! Its the second best email one could get from GFC other than Your camper is ready for pick up!:wink:

Thanks for the update @GFC_Taylor

2 Likes

I would wait until you go into production to request anytime off. I am #871 and I have yet to go into production; however, there are numerous camper spots after me (#872+) that are already complete.

Is your spot a XL build?