Production Timeline Records

Yes, I have an XL build.

@T1OVERLAND I could be wrong but maybe @GFC_Taylor can chime in here. From what I’ve read here on the forms the XL builds are done in groups of other XL built’s only which could be the reason why there is a delayed and other build numbers past yours are Production. As there are not too many XL build requests.

That is the case, I reached out to GFC last week.

It is also based on when you pay the final amount in full. I had this issue because I didn’t pay the balance in full until a month after I received the email telling me that the camper is ready for production. It in turn put me a month behind. I watched the numbers after mine get completed while mine sat static. I feel like I got lucky though because if I paid it immediately I wouldn’t have got the new hinges and the third door for the price of an extra one. It was worth the wait.

3 Likes

I think mainly it was the whole “how did 974 get his in production email first before 944” not so much about starting late. Some folks just get lucky which is pretty awesome for the ones that do! Nevertheless thanks for the info Taylor, communication is definitely appreciated! Have a great rest of your weekend!

1 Like

@T1OVERLAND F150? Trying to see if we might be the next XL batch.

I have a Tundra, Unit #871.

I understand the new hinges part but what do you mean that you “got a third door for the price of an extra one”? I am a couple months out from my XL getting ready to build and trying to figure out all this stuff. Thanks in advance.

Originally the option was for an extra door on the driver or passenger side (as well as the standard tailgate door). When they changed the design on the tent most recently they changed it to be side door x2 or none, and if you had already opted in for a side door they upgraded you to the double door automatically.

Oh wow…I had no clue. Thank you for clarifying. So to add doors is it still the $525?

Currently it looks like the double doors are $525 and there is no option for a single door. Originally when I selected the single door option it was a bit cheaper and GFC generously supplied those that selected the option an automatic upgrade to the double doors when they made the change (probably simpler on their side not to maintain multiple production paths).

We picked up build 835 on 10/01. The wait was hard but the end product was worth it. Extremely impressed with the build quality of our camper! They gave us a tour of the facility while we waited and it looks to me like they will be kicking out quite a few more campers with expansion of their facility and tooling.

1 Like

I’m a Gladiator build too and have not heard anything since June. Paid balance right away. Supposed to start production in October. Waiting to hear. Build #986.

Having a long discussion over on the FB page. I’m 933 and not notified of a start. I understand the XL batches and the like. But my unit, much like the one above, appears to be at “the end of the list” as much higher numbers have been notified. Bummer.

Picked up #904 today.

6 Likes

So sick! Congrats. Epic setup.

#841 - Complete and picked up. From the notification of completion I was signed up for the next available install. Mike and the crew were friendly and helpful and pointed out a good brew pub to kill a couple of hours. A notification got missed in the middle but the end result is I have the camper!!! :metal::partying_face: :metal:

9/25/2020 - In Assembly notified
10/6/2020 - Notified Completed
10/8/2020 - Installed Belgrade

1 Like

Gfc timeline #799

07/26/2019- deposit

01/30/2020- paid in full after email to do so

06/24/2020- in production

07/08/2020- components produced

07/23/2020- in assembly

10/11/2020- have not received curing email

Has anyone else been delayed this long? It’s a little disheartening seeing build # 904 being installed which is also an XL on the same platform while I’m 105 positions ahead of that build.

1 Like

Yes sir. No notification since I’ve been paid in full. 933.
Mike has told me a couple times a good email is coming soon.
I’m fine w waiting but it is A LOT of money for no product and a limbo timeline.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I find these timeline posts helpful, so here is mine:
#886 - Tacoma 6ft bed
3/12/20 - Paid
8/24/20 - In Production
9/18/20 - Curing
10/12/20 - Waiting for completion email.

2 Likes