Production Timeline Records

Have you asked why? I’m genuinely curious. 105 is a pretty good amount to be that behind.

Yes, I was delayed that long. You can scroll up through the posts to see my exact times #733. It was XL build. I had Multiple contributing factors Covid, first 2020 Tundra build and a few things that were QC issues with the panel’s. Good thing is I was able to get another tent door but missed new hinges by about two weeks.

I know it sucks! Can’t really say anything besides hang in there as it’s worth the wait. Best thing to do is email @GFC_Taylor he gives you straight answers to where you are and what may have delayed the process.

I’m an XL build #871 and just went into production 10/6. I was paid in full for more than 6 months before entering production, gfc told me the wait had to with changes in the 2020 tundra shark fin. After seeing your post I hope I don’t get stuck in production for an extended period of time as well.

I was #800 and paid in full March 10 and I picked it up weekend before last. And I have a 2020 Tundra.

That’s great to hear. I hope that means they have the 2020 Tundra design ready to go and they can get through production quicker.

T1, it is worth the wait for sure. The only real difference is that it sits a little higher than previous models due to the shark fin.

2 Likes

I am #758 paid in Early Jan for a ford f150 but then due to fords sucking had to get rid of that and bought a 2020 Tundra. Told GFC in Early June they were awesome about it even though it was right before they started Production and Picked it up Sept 18th.

4 Likes

Update*
10/15/20- received curing email
10/19/20- received curing complete/soft goods install

To the post above I did get a response from Taylor saying that the frame didn’t pass QC and had to be replaced. Again not sure how that put me 105 units behind but I guess it doesn’t matter why but it did.

1 Like

I can see how this would be frustrating for sure but it is pretty awesome that you know you’re getting a flawless product. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah you’re right! I got my complete email the same day. Picking my camper up soon.

Unit 944.

Paid in full: 5/28/20
In Production: 9/29/20
Components Produced: 10/13/20
In Assembly: 10/14/20
Curing: 10/19/20
GFC COMPLETE: 10/20/20

Picking up next month!

7 Likes

Awesome! I love seeing the completed numbers getting higher and higher!! :grin:

1 Like

So I was told my build (1006) was “on track” to start the month of October but it doesn’t seem that is the case. Has anyone else also had a delay on the start of their build? Seems like they’re pumping out builds but was a little disappointed mine didn’t start this month.

1 Like

@OhaiJonny I’m going with the “no news is good news” plan… When I last inquired in early Sept. I was told I was “on track” for Dec. 2020. Haven’t followed up since but it would be great to get an official communique from Belgrade.

Have you reached out to them lately, to see whats up with your build?

Cheers,

AD

I was scheduled early on to start August, but did not start until October.

I was scheduled to be done end of may 2019. Drove out from NY after my wedding end of June but still wasn’t ready. Drove down to Denver and left truck at my buddy’s. Truck ready end of august, flew back out to Denver got truck, drove up to Belgrade and then home. I was very flexible with my timing but can see how others are frustrated. (In between those dates we explored for 3 weeks, didn’t just drive for camper)

My buddy bought superlite when it first came out with camp plans end of November and I let him know of the common timeframe stipulations, which sadly have come to fruition.

GFC was as transparent as they could have been with me and now that I have the product, I whole heartedly believe it was worth the wait.

2 Likes

Build #957

Deposit In 11-03-19
Color Samples Sent 05-15-20
Paid In Full 08-19-20
In Production 10-02-20
Components Produced 10-16-20
In Assembly 10-19-20
Curing 10-23-20
Completed 10-26-20

5 Likes

Unit 986
For Jeep Gladiator
Deposit 12/9/2019
Address Confirmation for Colors 5/27/20
Color Samples 6/1/20
Paid in full: 6/8/20
Est given for Production start 10/20 6/22/20
In Production: 10/28/20

2 Likes

Build #976
Short bed Taco
No windows. Stock colors.

Example of a quick build to keep spirits up!

June 18th Ready for Production
Oct 8th In Production
Oct 22nd Components Produced
Oct 23rd In Assembly
Nov 1st Curring
Nov 2nd Complete
Nov 16th Install Scheduled. Earlier appointments were available but my truck is in the shop until Nov. 11th.

Looking forward to my trip to Belgrade!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Gives me some hope to pick up mine before the end of the year. Cheers