Production Timeline Records

This is awesome. GFC has turned an already hyper watched thread into the complete Wild West. Now that things are more random its as if you could get a call any day regardless of your number. I love it. Im #1308 but a 6.5 Tundra. Curious as to when they are going to start their run of Tundras as the Tacos are clearly the #1 need. Talked to GFC last week and they said I was still slated to begin production in early March. We’ll see!

Happy Tuesday everyone

3 Likes

1259 Yoda DCSB here and just got the call it will be done the week of February 15th. I’m probably not going to be able to make the ride out there until mid March (that was when I planned on it being done) anyway unless I wanted to take the trip solo.

Going to converse with swmbo and we will see!

2 Likes

Hey @GFC_Taylor, kinda feeling left out on the fun. Can #1088 get some love? Stoked for those that are making install dates and also noticing the numbers are well after mine?

Thanks for any info,

Be well,

AD

4 Likes

#1248. Dcsb. I got the call this AM too. I am making the trip out from SoCal for pickup on February 22. I think we are all in the first batch.

Agree not looking forward to the long drive alone when I can only get away from home for a few days. But gotta do what I gotta do since I would like to have it for a trip in April.

1 Like

For the time being they are doing them by “batch” for specific trucks as opposed to numbers. Once they are in a spot where they are caught up, they will revert back to doing them by number. As for now though, its kind of all over the place.

Hey @DannyEnder, I’m totally picking up on that but my truck is a DCSB Tacoma and folks with the same and later numbers are scheduling installs, dig?

Looking for an official answer from @GFC_Taylor.

Be well, travel safe.

AD

4 Likes

I dig. Have you called them yet? They’re usually pretty on it with the phone. That is where I have had the best luck.

I’m #1271 and have a Colorado crew cab longbed. I inquired via email about timeframe and was told sometime in April.
Definitely sounds like the popular taco :taco: models are front of the line…

3 Likes

I recall a few months ago some guys with tundras were in the same boat. In production runs they do it by grouping of a set vehicle. That way when they change the setup they make set vehicles instead of going back-and-forth.

I’m #1120 with a short bed Chevy Colorado as well. My build was supposed to start in December but has been pushed back to March with the new system… Hopefully they get through the taco’s fast!

3 Likes

Im a gladiator, #1081 and I know mine is out of curing and in soft goods/fabric. So I am expecting a message sometime within the next two weeks that it is done. Missed the V2 cutoff barely, but I know GFC will take care of us with the upgrade kit. Hoping it comes sooner than later though! I just want the locks in the back and the seamless tent fabric :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Same. 1170 and checking my email twice an hour lol. I am however a six foot extended cab Taco from 1997. So I totally understand if I’m not making it into the first big run.

1 Like

Build 1104 for DCLB 3rd gen Tacoma. Both windows and tent doors.

Just got the call that my camper will be complete end of feb. install scheduled for 2/26. Psyched!

6 Likes

I like your style Trout.That pan was the last day after a month of sluicing. Just when I decided to throw in the towel. Bingo! Just enough gold to keep me going. Life is funny that way. Cheers.

@DannyEnder I have a tundra and all my options are set. Just waiting to get the invoice to pay. BUT I have the 5.5 ft bed. So maybe they are doing a run of those before the 6.5 bed since that longer bed is a little less common.

1 Like

Yew! I’m #1308 (2021 Tundra 6.5) and set V2 options/paid invoice 2 weeks ago. GFC just said its slated to be an early March build/late March pickup! Potentially earlier even. Stoked!

3 Likes

1266 here, 1st gen Tacoma double cab short bed. They pushed me back a few months. It looks like May for me. I can’t wait.

4 Likes

Way to keep it positive. I know some people are bummed about being bumped around but your mindset is the way to go!

1 Like

Build 1390 set my options Destroyer Blue with Stone Tent, tent side doors, and both windows.

2/1 Options Set (Said that my build is approximately 8-12 weeks away from start.)
2/4 Final Invoice Paid
2/4 Received Notification that I am “Ready for Production”

2018 Tacoma Access Cab Long Bed - Magnetic Grey

Updated 2/4. Stoked!

2 Likes

Did you receive color samples in the mail for the new V2 color options? Hard to choose what will best go with my ‘Barcelona Red’ Tacoma.

1 Like