Puget Sound/PNW Owners

Thought I’d start up an owner section for the PNW region. I’m in Seattle and I’ve seen a few units roaming the city.

I owned a launch-edition Superlite over the summer but upgraded to a new V2 Platform RTT. I couldn’t be happier with the countless improvements- easier deployment, endless mounting options(solar panels, ski racks, awning, etc…), a legit ladder mounting solution and larger interior sleeping area, just to name a few.

I do miss the top panel mesh pockets of the Superlite for stashing phones and other small items/electronics for bedtime(like an iPad for movie watching) but overall, I’m glad I upgraded. Hope to see other owners so we can swap ideas

1 Like

Also in Seattle. V2 RTT also. I picked up one of these for overhead storage – haven’t installed yet. The Top Shelf – VRNCLR

1 Like

I am down in Southwest Washington, Camas. I’ve seen two (2) other GFCs in the Vancouver, WA area. I have the V2 Camper on a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2. It was installed May of 2021, I am loving it so far because I can fit in my garage and out of the constant moisture of the PNW west of the Cascades. I probably have 20 nights camping in it so far.

3 Likes

I’m Stevens Pass Highway area. V2 RTT on Jeep Gladiator Mojave.

1 Like

Washington County, Oregon. A PNW group is a great idea and count me in. Have not seen another GFC here. Have the original on a 2014 GMC 2500. Build #441.

2 Likes

North beacon hill here

Just ordered GFC v2 for Tacoma TRD Sport- pick up ETA 2/19! Eastern Washington

1 Like

I think I’ve seen you. Is it a blue truck you’re rolling in? I have a 2016 silver Tacoma with a black V1 GFC.

2 Likes

Mike-

That would be me.

2 Likes

Everett here!

2 Likes

What’s up guys! Nate here near Puyallup, WA

3 Likes

Hi Matt. Did you get the tent side doors on your V2? I’m staring at this form and debating whether or not to get them. wondering if not getting them would make the tent more bomb-proof in bad weather. any thoughts here? I know there’s a thread on here already about this, but I remain inconclusive.

I have the tent side doors - they can allow some wind/rain/snow to get under them in bad conditions but people have also used tarp clamps to help remedy this. This is a common enough complaint as well that I bet we see an aftermarket part solve before long…

That said, the majority of campers camping are in good weather in the summer and the side doors make it way more enjoyable. If this is your first roof tent - you will need to get used to “being on display” while you sleep, but the side and back doors all opened creates a really spacious feel. I would get the doors again.

3 Likes

I’m on the same page as you, you got to get the side doors or you’ll probably regret not doing it.