Ramventures_PNW build - Ram 1500

Congrats! Super exciting time for you and cant wait to see what you do with your GFC. I haven’t noticed much of a difference at all in the ride of the truck, I do notice the lift and tires a little bit but nothing at high speeds only when turning and stuff. I thought the springs were a must considering there is going to be 600 plus pounds in the bed at all times with the decked drawers, camper and other gear.

I added the Bedrug Universal bed mat and cut it to the size of the decked surface. I used velcro to secure it to the surface and that was been awesome, helps things not slide around and is a softer surface to stand on when in the camper. I almost went with turf but this seems to be a better options and provides more cushion.

1 Like

I just have a leveling kit on my truck and am running 35’s. I was going to try to get away with just upgrading the shocks when the factory’s wear out - wanted to see how it was going to sit and handle first. Did you do a certain number of velcro strips and how far apart are and how wide are the strips? I put the core trax on the decked so will have to cut around that but no biggie. Just ordered Ruff Roads Molle panel for front too.

1 Like

I bought some of the 3 inch thick Velcro rolls and used about 3-4 feet in total of Velcro all around the bed mat. Attached it to the decked in all four corners but still have access to the ammo can storage. Nice thing is it can be removed and pressure washed down the road

1 Like

Which height do you have the front 6112’s set to? You’re looking nice and level there. I’m thinking of replacing the Icon 1.5” springs in the back (they’re pretty noisy), but wondering if the Ironman 2.5” are too much. I think you weigh more in the back - I don’t have a loaded Decked system… ah, all the ways to spend money!

I’m not positive what the height was set at by the shop that installed everything. Here’s a few pics for reference though

Front setup -

Rear setup -

1 Like

Perfect, thanks. I’ll go out and count rings on mine tonight. It’s certainly not as clean as yours!

1 Like

That’s the brand new look right there hahah we got a week long trip this weekend and that should put a little character on the set up

How does it ride? @Hardcharger I was going to go with that ICON rear spring, you not liking yours? I do have air bags and I would keep those in when I replace the springs.

It rides just fine. I run with the back mostly empty, so I just have the GFC weight. It’s not quite enough to keep the progressive part of the spring compressed, so it will clank as those coils come together over speed bumps and low speed potholes. Can’t hear it or it doesn’t happy at highway speeds and it gets better with more weight. Someone suggested wrapping those top coils in plastic tubing so it’s not metal in metal, but I haven’t done that.

1 Like

That’s good to know, I’m pretty much always rolling with 360lbs or so plus the GFC, so I think I’ll be into the progressive part. I have to run about 30psi in the bags to compensate the sag on the stock springs.

Added the Ironman Delta 270 awning along with installing the Borla S-type exhaust system with the 5 inch black chrome tips as well.

3 Likes

Love it!!! How does it sound? I totally forgot to upgrade my headers when I had to replace the notorious Hemi exhaust knock from a broken stud. Now just waiting for my exhaust to rust out to get a kit like this for my rig.

1 Like

Sound amazing! Still breaking it in but it now sounds like a true hemi. I tried to post a cold start video from my phone but for some reason it isn’t allowing me to upload

Few pictures of the most recent trip, tested out the Ironman 270 awning and it worked amazing during the heat.

5 Likes

Such a great looking rig! We should have a Ram rally with all the ram owners LOL.

2 Likes

Yes! T-minus 2 days to install!!!

3 Likes

Good luck trying to sleep! Don’t forget to clean that rear window, it’ll be the last time you’ll get to do it unless you take the camper off. I can’t wait to see pictures of your rig!

3 Likes

I was only able semi-clean my rear window in a motel parking lot before install. But the GFC guys gave it a thorough clean before putting the camper on nonetheless.

2 Likes

GFC Ram meet up needs to happen!!

4 Likes

Absolutely! I am heading to Overland Expo Mountain - Loveland, Colorado in a few weeks. That will be a great place to meetup during Expo or afterwards.
After Expo some friends and I are going to explore Colorado and Utah.
Any interest?

4 Likes