Rear door measurements

Just got the final design done other than a few very small tweaks for fitment. Going to give these a test for a few weeks on a few different trucks, but hopefully good to go after that. Made of aluminum with stainless steel hardware, and the best part is it only weighs 3.5oz! Will keep everyone posted as I’d like to offer these for anyone that wants some.

6 Likes

Nice work! Def interested in a set

1 Like

Oh man, I bet you’re gonna sell the shit out of these!

3 Likes

Agreed. I believe that you will “sell the shit out of these”. They look great. Great work.

Peace.

1 Like

Can’t wait to get some! My wife has been excited as well which is a first :rofl:

1 Like

I am so down for these!

1 Like

I’ll drink that kool aid. Nice work!

1 Like

I’m in…just sell them already! We will all be your R&D test dummies

3 Likes

I’ll probably end up getting these because I like gadgets. But…is the main concern not being locked in or keeping others out or ???

My arms are long enough to reach the latches and you can always do a reverse muscle up to shimmy down. And to keep others out, I’d need to get into the practice of locking the tailgate.

1 Like

Mostly for me when the tent is popped it is an easy way to keep the panel from moving in the wind, as well as a little bit of security (my tailgate locks with the fob).

For the times I sleep in the bed and don’t pop the tent (super windy conditions and stealth camping mostly), it makes it so someone can’t lock me in from the outside.

And I like gadgets and making things!

4 Likes

Latch is up!
https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/the-hatchlatch/4915?u=jedgar

2 Likes