RIGd Supply Products

Hey!

Glad to hear you got it all figured out!
If you are looking to order just the folding version of the two bike RambleRack, you just need to select “No add-on” and “2-Bike Pivot”. This will allow you to mount two bike on our pivot, tighten directly from the front side and use our no wobble wedge system!

1 Like

Just saw one of these yesterday in Teslin Yukon and when I finally got service came to the GFC forum hoping someone had some experience and bam!

As I live in Alaska, is there a way to ship this up to a company like Total Truck OR have it brought to overland expo PNW next year?

I’m currently looking at my options and unfortunately for the Gladiator I can go with the JCR bumper combo or the Rigd swing. I like the bitch because I don’t need to carry everything when running around town or even local camping in fairbanks/Denali area but I’d absolutely love to be able to carry my spare tire when doing trips like the one I’m on now heading down to Yellowstone.

The website is confusing me a little when I looked at the untrained swing. For the $1500ish what exactly comes with the swing? Is that just the base product and then I’d have to buy the different mounting attachments for a spare tire and Jerry cans etc?

Thanks for hopping in the forums and answering questions!

I bought my RIGd from a guy who used it for his tire carrier. He had a custom mount made to hold his recovery boards and a shovel. This was attached to the Rago Pax Mount.

Hey there!

Please reach out to us at support@rigdsupply.com for shipping and delivery options! We are happy to work something out with you!

The UltraSwing Multi-Fit (for 35" tires and under or Mega-Fit for 37" - 40" tires) comes the with all pictures items below (you will just need to choose your wheel plate). All other accessories, UltraTable, SideHack, JerryRig, RambleRack, etc., can be purchased at the time of or after purchasing the UltraSwing.

@ChrisfromRIGd I’ve been looking for a way to mount a 20lb propane tank. I haven’t noticed anything on your website. Is it something you’ve considered?

Hey there!

You can use the PowerTank propane mounting bracket to mount your propane on the SideHack slot plate or you can use am Overland Kitted Spare Tire Accessory Mount for the side of your tire and mount it that way!

1 Like

Cool, thanks.

@ChrisfromRIGd any word on when your stainless steel ultratable update kit might drop?

Mine is more like 80% food grade due to the rusty cutting board. It’s a nice and useful product otherwise so I would definitely upgrade as soon as possible.

The stainless steel UltraTable is live on the website!

1 Like

@ChrisfromRIGd there was talk on IG you can purchase just the lower stainless portion. Is that something you guys are still going to do?

We are not currently but we will be doing that down the road.

Hi Chris,

I went with the recommendation for the Pivot for my Toyota Tacoma and made the purchase. So far hasn’t worked out as planned. i’m hoping that you (and others here) can make some recommendations and/or offer help. Hopefully others can avoid my challenges or maybe some dialogue will even spur some ideas…

1.) The Pivot weighs 100 lbs (without bikes) and sits very far from the truck. I weighed this after I got the order home (as there aren’t any published specs, videos, or instructions).
2.) My Tacoma has an extra leaf spring and Bilstein B8 5160 with reservoirs.
3.) I have driven with the Pivot using the stock trailer hitch AND on my new Outgear Solutions Swingate (Santa Ana- just a few miles from Rig’d). I’ve detailed above that ideally I want more clearance than the Ultraswing.
3.) I keep my truck in impeccable condition.

The levered force of all that weight hanging off the back feels like it multiplies a leveraged force that feels like hundred of pounds (no truck tire, just the Pivot with/without bikes). Put that on event mild off-road and it feels like something is going to break (even at very slow speeds ~10mph).

I wasn’t expecting the Pivot to stick so far out off the back. It really decreases the turning radius. However, I did notice on my stock hitch that this space is necessary to fold down the tailgate and might be necessary for an ultra swing with a tire, but that really should probably something beefier than a Tacoma- especially if it had a stock suspension or something less than or equivalent to what I have.

Outgear Solutions consulted with Rig’d during the bumper installation and it was suggested that the Stinger might be a better fit as I had proposed initially, but that did not seem a good solution for me in our dialogue above.

Is it possible that the Pivot is really better suited to a beefier truck than the Tacoma? Given how slow I have to go, I may have been better off with a lighter and less expensive bike rack ($2k for the Pivot)?

Your thoughts much appreciated.

Russ

Wow…. Not sure if youve heard of or seen a one up rack but you would have been better right off the bat with a one up vs any other bike rack in the market. Not only are they lighter by a lot but they are adjustable in distance from bike to tailgate. Maybe ask a riding buddy with a one up if you can pop it in for a sec. Ive been waiting to pull the trigger on that exact rear bumper for a year now for this exact issue you’re running into. I love the functionality of my tailgate pre or post ride. Not having to do anything crazy with the rack to make the gat come down without contact was a Major plus to me of the one up. Ive got the double super duty, the inner bike rack when not in use is about 1/2” from my tailgate when it’s open. I can have my bike on the second rack and still use my tailgate. With a hidden hitch you lose that function…. Unless you use a drop down hitch adaptor, is what I’ve come up with, keep us posted with your solution please.

Thanks for your thoughtful input! What do you mean by “hidden hitch” and having your bike on the “second rack”? My interpretation is that you leave a space open to have the bike out further from the bumper?

1 Like

No problem! The dual bike rack when mounted, the outside bike rack that is furthest away from the truck is what i meant. Yes, i leave the inner rack open so i have the ability to drop my tail gate without contacting anything, becoming my makeshift changing chair/ table. I put my helmet and riding stuff on the tailgate while im changing shoes-> crocs, post ride. Last time i put my sweaty helmet on the seat and it leaked around 16 oz of sweat right onto the cloth, so i dont do that anymore, haha

Hi All,

Just a quick update here…Rig’d was very responsive to this post (same day) and called right away. We simply had a miscommunication on my intended use case here that the Pivot is not intended for.

The Pivot is really ONLY for the direct hitch mount and in that case will still clear a tailgate (as I mentioned above).

They suggested that really any fold-up bike rack on the market is going to stick out as far as the image above and rattle.

The Ultraswing, Pivot, and Stinger have the intentional design of going into the actual trailer hitch which is rated for the fulcrum weight of a trailer.

I personally was not comfortable with the Pivot impact on off-road driving performance in OEM trailer hitch. On road; it was fine, but the weight is noticeable. I probably wouldn’t like an off-road trailer either. I admit that the Pivot was definitely a rock solid fitment at this location. Neither it nor the bikes move at all!

They offered a return of the Pivot toward the Stinger solution (above) OR a full return. Very generous and accommodating.

It seems there really isn’t a fit yet on the market to the specs I was looking for. Jason at Rig’s made a good point that "you can’t buy physics! "

Cheers!

1 Like

Not true, I’ll take a pic of my rack down and you’ll see how much less the one up sticks out. Also, no rattle or shake due to the nifty hitch insert that expands as you tighten to lock it in place. I’ve been on miles of trails and my Santa Cruz nomad stays nice and secure in the bsck thanks to my one up rack.

I agree with @Medicfung , my Kuat does not stick out like that either. Kuats locking mechanism is really good as well, no shake.

1 Like

To be sure I’ve communicated properly…Are you guys talking about these racks on a swingate or down on the trailer hitch/bumper?
My pic above with the rack sticking out so far is due to the hitch adapter. I’ll see if I can find a pic with the pivot on the OEM trailer hitch. It is in closer- just enough room to open the tailgate.

Stock hitch for me… as far as shaking, im for sure not getting any of that with my one up.