Rolling up tent windows

I’d appreciate it if folks would post some photos of how you are rolling up the tent windows part way. All the way is easy. Half way? Only a few inches up? Please share.

Peace.

I roll up the tent to desired height and kinda finesse the rolled part into the carabiners and it usually holds pretty well. I can post some pics later this evening. The carabiners are kinda free standing so if it comes undone they’ll fall to the ground.

Basically I just pinch the material with the carabiner and zip the long vertical zippers to the desired height. See sleepy GF for an example :joy:

2 Likes

I still have a month before I pick up my GFC, but I’ve been wondering if you could somehow use the same process that “dry-roll” bags use (this video gives a basic understanding) to roll the windows and secure them at a certain height?

Interesting you bring this up… I have a similar model in mind.

Think rolling up your coffee bag with the flat foldable plastic covered metal thingy.

When I started this topic, I was hoping to see that someone here had found that magic foldable plastic covered metal thingy on a scale that could facilitate the rolling up of our windows.

Peace.

I use a big plastic spring loaded clip with some advertising on it made for a bag of chips.

1 Like

After I posted this topic, my wife suggested this…

Posting for general discussion. Still open to other ideas.

Peace.

2 Likes

This would be a weird thing, you’d be like crumpling the ends or something. Since you can’t wrap all the way around it.

1 Like

You could roll the window up around it, then twist or fold it, or maybe just bend the ends back once rolled up to the desired height.

1 Like

Smarter than I am haha

So, I went ahead and ordered two of the nite ize large ties. The price was right. $27 for two. I’ll test the coffee bag roll on the tent windows and post back here. Hope they work. Another advantage is they would be easy to store along the edge of the tent when not needed.

Peace.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to pick up a couple of these (or something similar). Could have many uses, but partially open doors is my main goal. Simple, cheap solution.
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/clamps-vises/spring-clamps/3-12-in-nylon-spring-clamp-69289.html

2 Likes

Well, the large ties worked great. They will allow you to roll up the window to any level that you want. They are slightly longer than you need, but they worked perfect.

Peace.

1 Like

Good options here. I’ve been using a climbing daisy chain.

2 Likes

Same way I do it. Super easy and no need to buy extra clips, magnets, etc.

1 Like

I use pool noodles cut to width tent door. and roll them up… looks clean and easy to roll.

This works for me with some spare tarp clips.

4 Likes