What have you done to your GFC this week

Finally installed the solar setup.

Victron MPPT 75/15
Renogy 100w Panel
Seaview Cable Seal
Shittco Solar Wire Clamp things

Originally I was going to route the wire from the battery up under the truck bed. Then decided to just come through where the other wires are. (Once again I’m voiding another part of my warranty, haha!)

6 Likes

How much of a difference has this made? Has it fixed the condensation issue or does it still form on the ceiling and walls?

It has helped quite a bit tbh. No more “dripping”. The carpet seems to collect it before running down the honeycomb to your feet. It dries out fairly fast as well and also blocks 50-75% of the light. Condensation will still form on the the doors/windows but that is almost impossible to resolve. Way better than vinyl imo. Vinyl will block 100% of the light but no change or help in condensation. Plus…a sickkkkk patch wall!

2 Likes

Finally managed to install the L-Track “airplane strips” on both long sides of the bed. They allow a totally modular system of attachments, and they’re REALLY SOLID, so no worries about keeping heavy water tanks, heavy fridges, etc. nice and secure. The bulkhead is next for the L-track, but that involves a bit of a rethinking of my electrical box & battery.

We also added the Underland Off-road MOLLE panel :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A simple solution to a problem I had ample time to think about this weekend…

I was stuck in the camper most of the weekend due to heavy rain. I had my driver side tent window open with the Shittco awning kit (which I can’t run on my other two due to my 270 awning). I wanted the main window open partially, for natural light and to watch the rain. I did the “roll and zip” method where you roll it up and then run the zipper down to keep the roll in place, but it frustrated me trying to roll it up and get it zipped and keep everything rolled nicely.

Six pack of neodymium magnets from Ace Hardware and we’re good to go.

5 Likes

@Bobbyduracel

I did this. It works well.

Peace.

Funny enough, I walked by those Nite Ize straps at the hardware store and thought I remembered someone using them, just forgot how. These magnets were $6.99 so I figured I’d try them first. Long term, I’d like something more permanent/harder to lose so might go for your route!

1 Like

They fit along the edge of the tent when the windows are closed for sleeping and they store perfectly in the closed tent.

Peace.

1 Like

@pat_man
Just realized I tagged the wrong person. I meant to tag you. Ha!

Peace.

1 Like

Lil starlink mount action while out at camp.

5 Likes

Living my dream.

2 Likes

Selling these?

3 Likes

@keeganbuilds will be selling something similar on Etsy come this Friday so I will update when I get more info! If not, I can defiantly start printing and selling some.

1 Like

Got latch covers? Stocking up for the Friday release :call_me_hand:t3:

11 Likes

I just became a GFC Camper User.

15 Likes

Welcome! Start a build thread!

3 Likes

LOVE IT! Welcome to the gang.

3 Likes

@jmkoverland

Leonardo Di Caprio One Of Us GIF - Leonardo Di Caprio One Of Us One GIFs

9 Likes

Made a build post for the truck finally. You can check out the post HERE in the Builds Category.

1 Like

Has anyone added a front and back window? Also has anyone blacked out the top of the tent?