Roof Rack on Cab

Sitting here anxiously awaiting for Sherpa to release the GFC compatible rack. Feels like it has been an eternity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anybody know of a rack that would work with an access cab and the go fast

Beef rack should do the trick lol

2 Likes

Just wanted give everyone a heads up the The Animas Rack for the GFC is available for the DCSB and the DCLB for 2nd and 3rd gen Tacomas on our website.

6 Likes

NYCO, do you have a picture of how you mounted your road shower to the prinsu habitat rack?

1 Like

haven’t found a good solution yet…

So I’ve been looking around for a rack that works on a double cab long bed (DCLB) as there is less camper overhang on this set up. The Prinsu Habitat is too short and leaves a big gap. Others seem too long and would need to be trimmed. The Martin Offroad Camper Rack is designed for either a short bed or long bed tacoma and Gage said they have a longer camper rack designed for the DCLB roof that uses the tacmona factory mounting points. The Sherpa Animas (version D) also fits the DCLB with a GFC - so my question is, has anyone put The Martin Camper Rack or the Sherpa Animas on a DCLB and noticed either an increase in gas mileage or a degrease in gas mileage? As this is my daily driver, MPG matters to me more and I’m wondering if the rack helps to direct air over the camper or if it just creates more drag (without anything mounted on the rack, like on the way to work).

1 Like

Where did you come across the bubble leveler at? do you have a link for where you got it at?

The internet is your friend :slight_smile:

The Internet is my friend LOL… I did look but couldn’t find those exact ones. thank you for the link by the way.

Does anyone know if the oem 3rd gen tacoma roof racks will fit under the gfc? Wondering if I should have it removed before I head over for install

I believe they fit but don’t leave much room for flex. I intend to remove mine before install. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

1 Like

Has anyone with a double cab noticed an increase or decrease in MPGs from a rack like these?

I’m considering one but curious if it ends up adding more drag or even wind noise on the freeway.

I’m sure there won’t be much more drag or loss in MPG as there is already with a GFC on your truck.

1 Like

we have found them to be helpful in head winds, i think they reduce some wind noise and mpgs are same or very slightly better. we have a https://martinor.com/shop/foundation-camper-rack on the dcsb.

1 Like

Hey man, is that a second gen Tacoma? Short box? If so, how much did you cut off? I’m going to have to as well, yours looks great!

2006 access cab long bed

Anyone run a Martin Off-road camper rack on aftermarket bed rails (KB Voodoo) on a 2nd gen? Wondering how much the reduced height affects things.