Roof Rack on Cab

is yours a V2?
short cab or LB?
trying to figure out if my habitat rack will need to be notched- my truck is double cab LB

1 Like

Mine is a V1 and I have a short bed double cab. Mine needed to be notched and the guys at Go Fast Camper were nice enough to do it when they did the install. There was only about 2 inches of my Habitat Rack that was impacted so maybe yours being a LBDC you will not have that problem.

1 Like

Based on the feedback and review of this forum, I ordered the Martin rack. Looking forward to getting it on! Shop — MARTIN OFFROAD

1 Like

Martin Camper Rack vs. Sherpa Animas?: I’ve been looking at a cab rack for Tacoma DCLB w/GFC and the Martin and the Sherpa both look pretty good. It seems that people that have one like the one they have, but I’m wondering if anyone has been able to compare the two. Main difference I’m seeing is the Sherpa is 6061 Aluminum vs the 5052 that most other people seem to use. Any thoughts on the comparison of these two cab racks? Thanks

The Animas is beefy. really like the quality in the build. DCLB 2nd gen. No noise and super sturdy.

Thank you for the feedback and the picture. Nice set-up!

Is this a long bed taco? Seems like there is more room on the roof in this photo compared to others posted previously.

Yes there’s more cab room with a long bed because the GFC doesn’t overhang as much, given the extra bed space (the tent part is the same regardless of truck). The Martin rack fits with a short bed, though recommend keeping your OEM bedrail caps for proper camper clearance.