Sealing and dust in the bed

@jedgar I notice you have your vent facing forward and @PDX_Keith has his facing rearward. pros and cons?

1 Like

They face either way. Hence my TWO pictures :grinning:

4 Likes

duh… I need to look closer. cool mod, keeping some more dust out would always be good

1 Like

What tool did you all use to cut out the vent? Will a dremmel do the job?

@Stick I just used an angle grinder and a hand file, but I think a dremmel with the nicer cut wheels or a jig saw would have been a better choice.

So you’d face the scoop open towards driving direction? This creates airflow front to back preventing dust from creeping?

Learning here haha…

Justin

I used a jig saw and it was pretty easy. I made my own template to make the opening as small as possible to make it cleaner on the inside. Also added some rubber metal trim around the opening. Rivets look nice, might have to swap my bolts out.

1 Like

Think water will come in if you forget to close it while driving in a rain storm? Or dust if you’re driving behind another vehicle on dirt roads?

Yeah for sure @dfinn The air filter foam @PDX_Keith mentioned would help both a ton.

1 Like

Couldn’t take the silver rivets and gloss paint so I fixed it! Don’t mind my thrashed 1 month old panels.

7 Likes

Guys, is this the proper one? The linked version says unavailable. Just want to verify before buying. Thank you!

@enjoitheride Hard to know 100% but I think it is the same other than the addition of this inner trim piece. The one I bought didn’t have this but otherwise looks the same. This actually would be a nice inner trim if you cut the flange off of it, or just toss it.

1 Like

Josh, that’s the backside, correct? The part that goes in the bed. That should be able to be used, correct?

Thanks, man!

Yeah thats the backside. It just looks to me like that inner flange it is designed for a thick panel so it would need to be cut or just not used.

1 Like

You mean properly utilized?

2 Likes

I guess, I’ll have to wait for Amazon to get them back in stock, or try and find high quality ones elsewhere.

Its the same, just comes with the interior trim ring. I knew I was going to use rivets so I chose not to use the trim ring as I was concerned about getting consistent compression and cracking something during install. So my link is the kit without it.

Here is Kay Enterprises direct website. I reached out to them after I purchased mine through Amazon and they directed me here.

https://dogboxparts.com/product-category/air-vents/

3 Likes

Thank you, Sir! Much appreciate!

2 Likes

Keith, could you tell me which one is the version you ordered? From that website. I appreciate it!

These are high quality?

Low profile all aluminum. The differences are just what it comes with. Just make sure its low profile and aluminum.

1 Like