Show us your truck!

Escaping the extreme Colorado cold in the badlands of the San Rafael Swell, Utah.

10 Likes

Moab 11/21

6 Likes

2 Likes

Longest road trip in the GFC so far, from Utah up to Beaton, BC. Got to spend a few nights testing out the new diesel heater, worked great.

Whitewater ski resort, Nelson BC

Snowfall Lodge, somewhere out there in BC

Elkhorn hot springs, Montana

12 Likes

Thinking about going with identical setup on my newly acquired 2006 LC. Couple of questions:

1. could you be so kind as to send me links to the exact parts you used from Gamiviti and GFC for your setup?

2. any issues crop up now that you’ve driven this for 1/2 year?

3. curious about level of wind noise and impact on gas mileage?

Thanks in advance for your responses. Beautiful truck you got there!

Nick

1 Like

@Zagszman

It’s an amazing setup that doesn’t have me looking for more.

1. I’m using 3 of the PLATFORM RTT AFTERMARKET RACK MOUNT KIT. Really only need two but the holes are there for the third, so I filled them. For Gamaviti I used their roof channel towers. You’ll need to drill a few holes in the GFC cross bars to get everything to fit.

2. Zero issues. Since the posted picture I have removed the rear spoiler and slid the tent backwards so everything is nice and even. No real reason other than my OCD.

3. Wind noise is of no issue and mileage may have dropped but so little, I haven’t noticed. Still sucks…

Feel free to DM me if you have further questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Loved the color btw :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just got back from a quick trip to valley of the gods and finally took a pic with the gfc popped up

4 Likes

8 Likes

New to the forum so I could not send a direct message, but thank you for the information in this post. Just purchased my Platform RTT and I am going to install it on my ‘98 Lexus 100 series the same way you have done it with the Gamaviti roof tower channels and the aftermarket mount kit.

Now that you have had the setup for a while, any recommendations for installation or adjustments you have made?

Thank you!

1 Like

Also curious as to how the RTT has changed the handling characteristics of your 100 series?

Nick

On my 100 it made no noticeable difference. I had both a soft shell and hard shell (not at the same time)up there. Never noticed either.

Installed as of last Friday, Feb 11th

6 Likes

7 Likes

On Poison Spring road near Hanksville UT. The Dirty Devil river is a must see!

9 Likes

Out and about in the Santa Lucia Range in Central California

3 Likes

Nice looking truck! Especially the black detailing that sets off the white.

@scotteveratt that was me honking at you in the white Tacoma yesterday haha

8 Likes