"Solar Generator" vs Solar to Batteries etc?

Also if you have a Tacoma I’m pretty sure the bed plug will not charge the delta 2
Skip to 5:30

1 Like

2500 Ram. I have a 400w plug in the bed, so it will be slower than the wall. I’m now curious to see if it works at all. I am really impressed with how quickly it charged though.

@ws6616 I am waiting to hear back on my Blue Sea contact form, but the middle-term plan is to get everything set for alternator charging of the ecoflow as well as all the logistics for the batteries in the bed w/o batteries.

2 Likes

check the amperage rating for that plug. ecoflow may be drawing too much for the plug to handle

1 Like

3.5 is not going to cut it. This trip will provide plenty of charging opportunities, but now I have a good reason to prioritize that Blue Sea order.

Ram sells it as being able to power tools. I always assumed I could plug a circular saw in or something. Looks like it is a poorly placed laptop charger.

yeah… lol maybe when the truck is in park vs when the truck is in drive?

i know my 4runner was able to charge my jackery via 110v when in park but not when in drive

I have had both. The solar to battery setup with enough solar and battery bank is great if you have a truck in which you can leave it in the bed or inside all the time. In many cases, GFC owners (myself included" use the camper as a truck more often than the camper, so I like the portability of other options. A local company, Craft Auto Works, makes a truck/overland battery box that is meant to be wired to the alternator and pulled at any time. It’s called the OES Pro. I have had it for about a year and it’s basically a nice battery and charging component setup in a stand alone box without proprietary parts. I love it. On any trip we take, we typically drive at least 3hr a day, which will charge the battery to full with a fridge on 24/7 and charging phone.

Different strokes for different folks, but I prefer that box because it works functionally similar to a van style electrical setup, but is portable and removable.

1 Like