SuperLite Update

I really appreciate this post. I was pretty upset when you guys pulled it from the website, but after seeing why and the potential to having a newer version that is built entirely in the US is even more exciting. I actually called yesterday to ask about it, but this post helps clear it up a lot. Hopefully we can see a new superlite soon!

8 Likes

You can’t be who you want to be in the long term if you aren’t living it in the short term.

Kudos to sticking to your values and staying focused on the long term vision of what kind of company you want to be.

7 Likes

Glad you guys are sticking to your values. I always thought it was funny the Super Lite was partially manufactured overseas, glad it will be eventually completely built here in Montana. Keep up the great work guys!

6 Likes

Thanks for “the rest of the story”. I assumed that you dropped the Super Lite to stay focused on your core products. They have a natural efficiency since the RTT is simply a component of the Platform RTT. This will also free-up some space and other resources now available to support production of the Platform RTT and RTT. Smart.

It has been fun to learn about GFC’s journey. You are in an enviable position for a young company…to have demand challenge your production capabilities. Steady as she goes and don’t compromise quality.

See you next week to pick up my RTT.

2 Likes

Much respect. Big reason I went with you guys for my camper is because the pride you guys take in building them here and the bigger goal of making American manufacturing make more sense. You guys are proof that companies can make an excellent product in the USA for a reasonable price. :us::us::us:

4 Likes

@WileyDavis Quick question for you about accessories for the Superlite during the meantime. I was lucky enough to get my order for my Superlite in early, and snagged a set of the quick release mounts to go with it. However the locking system for them sold out before I could get some, and last I heard from the support team (as well as on the website) was that it was going to be few months until those would be restocked. In light of this news, will you guys still be sourcing and producing another run of the locks? I am really hoping so as I have really enjoyed using the mounts so far, and they weren’t exactly cheap, however I don’t feel comfortable leaving my Superlite on top of my rig unsecured. It would be a real kick in the gut to have spent nearly $300 on a set of mounts, only to have them be essentially become worthless for practical use 2.5 months later.

1 Like

@esbe Thanks for your patience, and sorry to hear you’ve been waiting on these! We’re still in the process of sourcing a few key components to get those built and on hand for customers, but it looks like early 2022 is the best ETA we can share at the moment. Soon as we’re able to put them back to stock, an email will be sent out to SL customers. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Hey Thayne – thanks for the quick response on this!

That is really great to hear that they are still in the production pipeline. I can deal with taking the SL on/off a few times over the coming months when needed, as long as the long term security solution is coming down the line. I’ll keep my eye out for the re-stock notice. Will it be a direct email specially to anyone who bought an SL, or just the general GFC newsletter?

@esbe No problem, dude. We’ll likely send some sort of email blast, but more to come there. In the meantime, you can always check the local hardware store for an anti-theft head screw and have it sized according to the current setup.

Without having to get to much into detail, could you explain why outsourcing here in the USA was not an option when planning the Superlite production?

Hey, Just checking back in on the quick release mount locks that were said to be potentially going to be back in stock the beginning of 2022. It’s camping season and I know many of us would love to get the elusive locks for our quick release mounts. Cheers

I’m still patiently waiting as well @Bendsurfer – hoping its coming soon :crossed_fingers:t4: . Been refreshing the page diligently just in case I see some in stock.

Hoping they even just make 2 packs available as I imagine if you lock opposite corners that should be pretty secure and would allow for more people to hopefully get their hands on some level of security before the summer camping season.

I think a good refresh to the superlite is to see if its possible to expand the angle, so you get more foot room. So replace the fabric and probably add another support bar or two or three. Then you could sell the fabric to current superlite owners, reducing waste/want/envy. Im thinking like the roofnest falcon pro’s design.

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing a rumor that there is a V2 release in the near future… Can anyone confirm?

4 Likes

They said it was axed on their IG post a few days ago.

Well that’s disappointing. Guess I’m going with a Lone Peak camper.

I can’t find the comment? I emailed them a week or so ago and just asked if they could confirm it was still in the works and they told me yes. It has been forever with no real updates tho…

Here it is. But I have heard a different story since….seems like the superlite may not be dead after all.

My interpretation of that reply is that the person is asking if the original Superlite is in production which the answer would be no. Hopefully they are still working on it because I dont want to pay double for a 2nd hand one lol. Hurry it up GFC