TELL US! GFC Camper Shell!?

I think we can all agree that price will play a huge factor in the decision to switch over. This will also open the market to people who don’t want to spend 7k on a full gfc. But seeing the price of their rtt is about $4200 this would lead me to believe that the camper will be a sub 2k product hopefully.

1 Like

I’m going to bet this new topper will be north of 3K.

Looks like a great product. They can now reach an audience that isn’t even interested in an rtt. If I was looking for a camper shell of some sort I think I would go this route but I would not put a rtt on it.

2 Likes

Hey @GFC_Taylor - You guys planning to have the Platform camper inherit the updated panels seen on the new Camper shell?

1 Like

Camper shell? Sounds cool! :thinking:

Any updates on this??

@rbbrandon23 - see the V2 video. New camper has the new panels etc.

1 Like

I was hoping for updated timelines on just the topper…

2 Likes

I am also hoping for a update on this. I think on one of the tuesday night IG lives they said that the people with superlight orders will be given the option to place a topper order so that they can receive them at the samish time. I am one of those people that am hoping for both a topper and have a superlight order. I’ll grab onto any hope I can get. I just can’t get behind any other topper company on the market.

I have a platform camper and and I’m thinking of switching over to the topper. While being able to stand up inside is nice, I think I’d rather have the flexibility of switching between a Superlite for my solo trips and a larger 3 person RTT group trips. When I’m out camping with friends I’m always packed up way earlier than them and have to help close up their RTTs anyways, so the quick pack up time of the camper doesn’t do much for me. I think the topper alone looks a lot better without the camper hanging over the front too.

Anyways, if you’re looking for a camper for a tacoma dcsb keep your eyes peeled on the marketplace in a week or two marketplace!

Anyone hear any news on GFC Toppers? Seem’s to have gone stagnant…

Not sure, but I REALLY want one!

2 Likes

So do i! I feel like its gona be a while… Seems like they have plenty of delays with current product lines, not sure it makes sense to add more to their plate

2 Likes

Pretty sure they mentioned this in one of their livestreams. They said not until 2022 if i remember correctly

2 Likes

I was told supply chain issues led to a delay. I’m rocking my SuperLite on a Yakima Overhaul HD for now until this thing comes out.

1 Like

Yea it will likely be sometime in late 2022 but it’ll be worth the wait! I’ve been product testing one for nearly a year and it’s a game-changer for sure.

9 Likes

Omg!!! That’s sick!!! Does it still come up as a wedge?

I’m pretty sure its just a topper and designed for use with the superlight.

1 Like

No it is just a camper shell there is no tent so it has a solid honeycomb roof. I use a super lite in combo with it.

2 Likes

@JimBob Dude, that thing is sick. The rig and the topper :call_me_hand:t3: When they put that on your truck last year, kinda made me want to get a second truck for work and add the topper when they get it in the production line.

1 Like

It looks cool and I’m sure there’s a segment of the market that wants something like that. I’m totally happy with my platform camper, but to each their own.