Tent insulation

Where was the section you quoted posted? Sure would love to reach out and volunteer my V2 for beta testing!

3 Likes

Do you know if they are still looking for v2 owners to demo? I’d love to get in touch with them (am here in Colorado as well). DM me their info if so.

1 Like

Interested and in CO as well!

1 Like

That sounds great! Where is that quote from?

I’m all in. I’d also be willing to drive my GFC to Vail for a few days if they need an XL for prototyping.

2 Likes

It’s on the Facebook group. “Overland Softgoods”

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find the group/link. Any chance you could share?

I do see an LLC was formed in May “Overland Softgoods LLC” out of Vail.

1 Like

Search “overland softgoods” within the GFC owner fb group and it should pop up. There’s a thread about insulation and Scott who owns Overland Softgoods posted some replies. I messaged him but haven’t heard back

2 Likes

Not to sound needy or incompetent, but can you be more specific? Which GFC FB group is this in? Nothing comes up as “GFC Owners”. I don’t want to join a bunch of groups and hunt. There is a “GoFastCampers Owners”. Is that the one? Facebook Groups

2 Likes

Yes thats the group. And no problem, took me a while to find as well

3 Likes

I am interested in doing a Demo of this product. I have a v2 with driver’s side door. I live in Golden, CO.

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m Scott Pope and I made the post in the Facebook group about developing a prototype winter insulation package for the v2 tents. We are a professional cut and sew shop that mostly produces “white label” products. We sell B to B and put other companies logos on the products that we produce rather than our own. We decided earlier this year that we would start developing products that we could sell direct to consumer. Because I am a camping enthusiast and own a GFC I have decided to start developing and producing aftermarket products for the v2 campers.

Here’s a link to a pic of my rig: The Random GFC Photo Thread - #366 by WrinkledPants

After a week of entertaining in my wife’s family members from out of state, I am ready to start spending some time on this project. Thanks to the members here that replied to my post on FB. I’ll need to get a game plan to follow-up with you guys. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to form a sort of brain trust in getting this thing designed and out the door.

I’ll try to get back in touch with those of you that reached out to me by end of week.

Cheers!
Scott

14 Likes

Hey Scott,

I’m super stoked on this idea!!! I’m not on FB because it’s too much of a time suck for me. Keep us posted on here. I would be stoked to be a Canadian tester as I’m planing on using my GFC all winter for ski touring and avalanche training.

Cheers,
WG

2 Likes

V1 could add gypsy studs and attach the insulation or an attachment system on top of the current snaps.

@WrinkledPants some of us don’d have facebook so please keep us posted on here or maybe start a thread just for your project

4 Likes

Interested here as well

Happy Thursday! Between Facebook and this forum there has been a great deal of initial interest in the tent insulation project. I would like to communicate by email if it’s not a problem.

Please send me an email if you are interested in being kept in the loop. My email is: scott@overlandsoftgoods.com

This may end up taking a little longer than I had initially hoped for but hopefully the results will be worth the extra time invested.

Thanks!
Scott

4 Likes

I am only the messenger, but I did hear from @WrinkledPants a few days ago out of band and he said he is still hard at work on this project.

3 Likes

Happy Friday! It’s been a few weeks since I posted regarding the tent insulation project. We are moving forward… but, at a snails pace. Unfortunately, material supplies, while available, are taking approximately forever to ship to us!
That said, we are about 85% through the product development phase. I asked my good friend, Eric Alexander, to help out as our winter camping subject matter expert and he is “all in” on the team. Eric is known by many in the mountaineering community as a mountain guide that has summited the highest peaks on seven continents. He is probably best know as the person that guided Erik Weihenmayer, a blind man, to the summit of Mt Everest. Here’s a link to an article about Eric if you are interested in knowing a little bit more about him: Eric Alexander - Simply Life India Speakers Bureau
I have a meeting scheduled next week with Eric and our production manager to finalize the first prototypes.
I will have more to report after that meeting. We have prototyped several other products for the GFC community during our wait for materials. I will happily share each of those upgrades with you soon!

Have a great weekend!!!
Scott

11 Likes

Looking forward to it!

I’m also very interested in this. Do you know if your solution will work on V1 campers?

2 Likes