The Random GFC Photo Thread

+1 for Chevys in capitol reef. If you squint real hard.

11 Likes

Work and then play today. Likely last camp of the year in the GFC.

6 Likes

More Chevy and GMC pics please! Rarely see another Colorado with a GFC in the SF Bay Area.

1 Like

Random field / pond I enjoy relaxing at in west Michigan.

7 Likes

Parked outside of Steamboat Springs…… the mountain in the background with the cut trails on the right is the Steamboat Resort

11 Likes

Found a nice spot out in the Cascades overlooking Dragon’s Tail and Mount Raineer.

Hiked up a quick trail to Red Top Mountain.

Learned the next day my basecamp had a lot of Black Bear tracks around it.

Broke my antenna.

Decided to drive out through a unmaintained track with ground soaked by the Atomspheric River. This was THE greasiest mud I’ve ever driven on. Some hairy situations and some great learning opportunities.

Now, I go home and try to figure out how to clean my filthy car and how in the world I dry the tent with a forecast of rain all this week.
Great weekend!

12 Likes

Fun in the mud. Broke my cheap traction boards

11 Likes

I got my 3D printed covers back on just in time :D. This is how I like to see my rig…bare bones, covered in snow. Also, didn’t quite get the winters on yet. They are here in stage 4 of the install process :joy:

8 Likes

3D printed covers for the win…. The side locks opened without any issues… the rear ones which I’m still waiting for my sewoverlander covers to come in for were frozen solid

9 Likes

Yup, I’ve definitely had to palm bump these open from time to time. Likely my rear door seal is frozen to my tailgate…so it’s all just part of the winter program :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds like I need to winterize my latches.
Camped out in the first snow near Snoqualmie Pass; got about 4-6" of heavy wet snow. Camper and heater did great👍.
Now I need to figure out a solution to dry out wet gear and keep the inside bed from getting wet and nasty when climbing in and out.

This morning, pretty wet snow.

Outside temp last night 24F

Inside temperature of the upper sleeping area was 50
F after 10 minutes of heating up. Setting on heater was set to 1/3 of maximum at 1.5hz on a 5Kw Diesel Heater. Fuel consumption is 0.03 Gal/Hr.

5 Likes

Awesome! Quite a difference. Did you have the heat plumbed up to the top or just letting heat rise naturally?

Right now, it’s just rising up. I just leave a square platform removed when I sleep.
In the future, I’ll probably cut a hole in the front most platform and duct it in but it’s a low priority.

Nice! That is how I have mine setup as well. Both of us are short we we just remove 1 square and its fine. Havent tested it in the snow yet but did this fall in rain 39 and tent was 64 and cozy.

1 Like

Trying our best to get every last second out of fall before winter hits the midwest. Besides, when you’re in the woods you can’t be bothered to change your clocks.

(11/04 in Daniel Boone National Forest)

11 Likes

Is the color of your camper the brown bronze color. This is the color I’ve been looking for but I’ve yet to see one in pictures or in the wild. How do you like it?

Its their Gray fabric option. I wanted to avoid the bright yellow as my old RTT was an insanely bright orange and I wanted it to someone blend into the surroundings. (Really odd statement from a guy with a bright red truck I know)

I like the gray as it doesn’t light up as much in the mornings so its a softer wake up instead of being hit with the bright yellow at first sunlight.

Some of my favorite places in the world:

10 Likes

Wandering around cedar mesa with some friends today

12 Likes

Last week’s Campsites as I made my way back from Boston on the northern route via Canada and Michigan’s UP

9 Likes