The Roads We Travel

Brush Creek, Grand Mesa area in Colorado.

6 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

Beef Basin in bloom.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Wyoming BLM

8 Likes

Southern UT

8 Likes

oh my god! The pictures are great!

Our camping spot this past weekend near Eagle, CO. The view from the tent of the Sawatch Mountain Range.

Temps at this elevation topped out in the mid- 70’s with the overnight lows in the CHILLY range!

7 Likes

Elevation and overnight temps, Scott? Great looking photo.

I’ll be down that way early next week, looking to tackle Shavano/Taveguache next Tuesday!

Hi Micah! Those are good 14’ers!!! I was trying to remember when I did those… maybe 27 years ago???

We camped at just over 10,000 feet. It had been raining on-and-off much of the day Friday and Saturday. Friday night was pretty chilly but I didn’t bother to check the temp. After being overcast all day the clouds cleared and it was a gorgeous crystal clear night. You know how that goes…

Have fun on your climbing outing. Safe travels!!!

1 Like

Road near Mt. Shavano TH and Shavano covered in rain clouds.

6 Likes

Up on Horse Mountain…

The last 1 1/2 mile up to the top is 4-wheel low travel (quite fun)! Near Wolcott, CO. This photo was shot this morning from the tent of my GFC. My youngest son observed years ago that the harder the jeep trail in… the better the camping opportunities. Funny how that works!

12 Likes

Lone Eagle Peak, near Grand Lake, CO
Easy dirt road to the trailhead on the eastern side of Lake Granby. Slightly less easy hike (16.5 mi/26.6 km RT).

11 Likes

Dude!!! That’s beautiful… amazing light!

3 Likes

Holy cow, Micah!

That’s an amazing picture

1 Like

Small iPhone shot of Bozeman, driving down from above Storm Castle for a recent GFC photo shoot.

7 Likes

Beautiful shot, Mike! Perfect use of foreground silhouette to create context.

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

Thank you, it was as quick a shot as possible while slowing down to make a corner on the road down, on an iPhone haha. Not the best, but it is “Road” focused.

1 Like

Know that area well. A+