Track nut alternative

Looking at all his products I didn’t think so :rofl: . GFC has definitely been milking the “how much will people pay for accessories” rather than what is reasonable.

4 Likes

Will you be selling these into Canada, as well?

1 Like

You’ll have to send a email, Instagram or Facebook message over to Greg. I’m pretty sure he’ll ship to Canada though.
https://www.gziladesigns.com/collections/go-fast-campers

Which nuts are the most useful, the 10-32 or the 1/4-20? Is there any reason not to order the 1/4-20 since they appear to be stronger. Does the slight protruding of the 1/4-20 from the track affect its functionality?

2 Likes

Yes it effects it. You won’t be able to tighten flat things to the flat extrusion.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll contact him.

Are these the right size for anywhere on / inside the GFC? 10% the price of the GZila ones… https://www.tnutz.com/product/qt-040/

The GFC extrusions are not off the shelf. So GZila or GFC tnuts will only work. Or you could make your own?

Upon looking at your link, don’t think they would work anyways

What is the website? To get these?

1 Like

Will the track nuts Gzilla makes fit the interior tracks on the GFC?
The track runs east and west on the bottom facing down of the fixed bed panel and also there is one on each side of the interior bottom of the roof panel running north and south.

1 Like

Yep. They fit the same as GFC’s

does the 10/32 protrude like the 1/4-20? Or can I tighten flat things down with the 10/32?

love the strap mount. can it also be oriented the other way? Vertical
Thanks

You can go flat with the 10-32 nuts. I use gzila tnuts on all my products and they have worked great.

2 Likes

cool, thank you! I purchased the 1/4-20 and had to make a counterbore on my part to mount flat. Ill go with 10-32 from now on.

Are the ones you fabricated up for sale yet? Gzila is sold out and I’m looking for some to make beef bars

Figured I’ll throw this in there. Not as solid as the metal ones but can get the job done for small things. Couple other “types” of track nuts as well.

Track Nuts

@Lydia the post above is actually Gzila.

1 Like

@2ayne it’s been a while since Jul '20 but nevertheless I wanted to say “thank you” for following through with the t-nuts. I recently moved to the US and got a brand new GFC… being form a metric world I was so unbelievably confused by all the measurements and sizes. That you (or Greg or GZila) created a off the shelf alternative is a real life saver. I can finally mount stuff without buying and trying dozens of different sizes… so thank you for raining awareness :slight_smile: