TruckParts.Parts GFC Accessories

@Chancho it looks like he hasn’t logged on here since March. I also checked his Instagram and he hasn’t posted since February.

I’m hoping you hear back because I was planning to buy this for my V2.

@Chancho
Emailing him is your best bet. I had the same problem with him not replying via messages here. Send him a email and he will respond to you pretty quickly.

He responded reasonably quickly when I ordered the light kit. But he has not responded to my recent emails. I hope he’s not sick or he could just be on vacation so I don’t want to be a jerk but I also don’t want to get hosed either after I paid good money for the lighting kit which other than the dimmer is working well btw.

1 Like

I ran it while on my current trip. Found out the hard way that the flooring is made of fiberglass when using my trademark pending “v2 lighting installation tool” a helpful tree feller helped me fabricate

Wear gloves if you don’t like the wonderful feeling of fiberglass in your hands.

Sucks that they decided to remove the holes for wiring the upstairs in the v2.

Also seems like there is less room between the panels and the wiring based on visuals in the instructions which I am afraid will eventually lead to shorting the wires. They seem to be crimping a bit

@fatfurious2 I guess they did remove the holes for wiring lights.

Those of you boring holes through honeycomb it would be advantageous to put some potting around the inside exposed edge you just created.

1 Like

One way to clean up a hole in the honeycomb panel is to cut a piece of tubing or PVC pipe 1" long and expoxy it in the hole. It makes a clean edge sleeve to pass the wiring through from the bed to the tent area.

2 Likes

Ill have to figure out another solution then. I like the idea of a pvc tube, but don’t like the idea of drilling into the honeycomb

1 Like

Trust, I didn’t like the idea of going through the honeycomb either but no matter how I looked at it that was the only option I could see. Thankfully it’s not too visible.

Going to clean mine up when I get back from this trip and will post pics

2 Likes

@Chuck Any idea when you will have the locks back in stock?

Anyone have any luck getting a hold of anyone related to truckparts.parts recently?

I placed a order and am now quickly realizing no one has been able to talk to anyone to check on orders. I guess I’ll need to file a credit card dispute to hopefully get my money back.

Mind sharing pics of your wiring? I’m about to do the same as well as wire my solar from the roof into the top floor then down to the bottom floor.

It’s be known he’s been MIA since the beginning of the year. That’s why I went with Hardkor Lights.

Mind sharing photos of install of Hardkorr lights, especially if you have the LED camp light kit. Thanks.

1 Like

Should be completed this weekend. The kit is awesome and throws a ton of light. I really like amber mode dimmed low. It draws like 3 watts. White light on high is blinding. Great for lighting up the area round the camper.

So far the only complaint is the amount of wire it comes with. I’m going to have to get creative with hiding it.