V1: To add or not to add mount points to space frame

Looking to mount cargo nets in the corners. Accessory mounts don’t line up where I would like them. Hesitant to drill and tap at the junctions but would be ideal alignment.

Thoughts?

Mock-up with zip ties.

I’d drill and tap them or use nutserts and not worry about it in the least, but just my opinion and not based on any science :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree with jedgar. I wanted to have GFC weld in a solid piece of metal for exactly the same purpose. They wouldn’t do the custom work. If you add mounting holes, consider metal or plastic in place of the cargo net. You could also add an interior shelf if you want. That was my initial plan, but I never did it.

Either way, post up pics of the finished project.

Peace.

1 Like

I thought about shelves but this is just for light soft goods. I find I need a spot for jackets, towels and life vests when in Cabana mode. I’m also 6’2" and sleep inside on the Decked drawers sometimes. I don’t want to crack my head.

Give yourself more credit than that. I’ve seen and have some of your work. You know a thing or two. :+1:

The tops will be a bear getting the drill parallel but I’ll try small nutserts. Maybe 1/4-20. These won’t be holding in real weight.

Thanks

1 Like

Checkout Eric’s DCLB Tacoma build thread. He put some HDPE sheets up in those corners with hose clamps and it looks great. Maybe something like that could work too:

1 Like

Not into the HDPE but the hose clamps look great with the shrink tube or whatever he has on it.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea. I used some black pipe clamps with shrink tube on them as to not scratch up the paint.

Now I just need to make some eyelets on the center strap and a couple of the GFC t nuts and done.

2 Likes