V1 upgrade package

and glad you got the upgrade done!

Just wondering here…but has there been any forward movement on this big rally thing? Also, out of curiosity, has anyone attempted an upgrade on their own, more specifically, moving the gas struts inside the extrusions like the V2?

I just found that my end cap screw stripped the aluminum as well. Definitely did not over-tighten. Can I ask what you did about yours?

I ended up blobbing a little weld into it, then drilling and retapping. You could probably go up a size or to the next larger metric and retap too.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: I cant believe this post didn’t get a flood of likes! Funny guy bein’ funny

Similar sentiment here. Build 162, so I’m a pretty early adopter. Pretty sure if I wanted to sell it, I could get my money back, even though the tent is well used. Definitely a GFC fanboy :smiley: I hope they continue to bring manufacturing back to the US.

Has anyone had internal frame rust issues on a V1 camper frame? I can not tell if it is just surface rust or rust starting on the inside of the frame.
Thank you

Yes. Some have. My V1 is fine so far. Call GFC and discuss your options to remedy your situation. Good luck.

Peace.

Depends on what and where. I’m in VT so my V1 is subjected to the scourge of road salt in the winter and the frame rusting from the inside was definitely on my mind. The rock sliders & rear tube bumper on my truck are still doing fine after 6+ years so I’m not super concerned, though.

I still pulled the bolts around the top and sprayed some fluid film into the inside of the frame before the first winter, though. I figured that can’t hurt.