V2 canvas fit on V1 camper?

Havent been able to find an answer to this. Does anyone know if the V2 canvas will fit on a V1? Im about to sew a side door into my V1 canvas so I can enter from the side via ladder. Thought Id see if anyone knows about the V2 canvas and its size/shape/mounting.

It attaches a completely different way. (No snaps). I don’t think it works at all. There was someone looking to sell their V1 fabric to upgrade to the latest V1 tent fabric maybe that one has the doors.

Edit: Sold GFC Camper Tent Only (Gen2) -SOLD

Ok, so I thought of this the other day. Are we as v1 owners just shit out of luck when it comes to new fabric for our tents or is that something they’ll support for us?

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

I expect that V1 replacement tents will eventually be made from the V2 fabric (it would be simpler to not have to source different fabrics).

The thing that would be awesome would be if they figured out a way to upgrade the snaps to the new keder rail from the V2. However, unlike the hinge situation the snaps are working as intended. Probably not enough of a market to be worth much of a design effort on upgrading the snaps on the V1 unless it’s pretty trivial to do it.

1 Like

Is there something wrong with your V1 tent fabric?

Peace.

You can get new fabric with side doors for the V1 from gfc! I was looking for this awhile back as well but for $900 just for a side door I didn’t see the value in that as there is nothing wrong with mine!

No. Not at all. But in my mind, other that gas struts, it is the only wearable item. I’ve thought of ordering a spare fabric so I have it I case something happens to my camper or the company.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Got it. Is the V2 fabric better in some way? I really don’t know. I’ve been happy with my tent performance thus far.

Peace.

Just to clarify, from what I have seen there have been at least 2, maybe 3, different fabric iterations for the V1 camper. I have seen in other posts that GFC has been willing to sell just the fabric tent part to folks that wanted to update their fabric through the iterations (Look at the second paragraph, this post was before the V2 camper platform launched). I would reach out to @GFC @Mike_GFCUSA through the warranty/engineering department and see if they still have any of those around.

With the V2 camper they changed away from the snaps to a keder rail but there were various iterations of the tent/fabric for the V1 platform.

1 Like