V2 Pro tent sags a lot. Not as smooth/tight as pics I've seen of other versions

IMG_3915 (1)
The seams in the corners are tight so it can’t be raised any higher, which is what I think it needs to tighten up the sides. All three sides have panels that are loose and don’t fit well. The big rear one sags so much it takes away about a foot of interior head space. It’s not quite bad enough to cause ponding in the rain, but it’s close.

Are all the V2 pros like this? Or is it just me? Anything I can try to make it feel not quite so ghetto?

1 Like

Curious, have you had a chance to reach out to GFC support?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m a new customer and am learning how to navigate this system. My first thought was that I’m doing something wrong and there might be an adjustment to make.

You’re not alone. I have the same issue with mine (in orange) and there’s not a way that I can see it being adjusted since the lower triangle vent is taut and the corners are tight.

It looks to me like they cut the pattern for the doors way too big and sewed the zippers on with the oversized pattern, which is what’s causing the bunching and sagging (it’s most apparent with the bug netting on mine with how it bunches at the top and insets at the bottom corner).

My guess is somebody plugged the seam allowance wrong in the fabric cutter. Been meaning to reach out to GFC about this and the slew of other QC issues with my camper but haven’t gotten a chance to yet.

During install they kinda paused when seeing that same folded fabric seam along the bottom perimeter of the tent and the doors being kinda sloppy, and said to put it out in the sun and the fabric will shrink.

I’ve spent 3 weeks in it and have had it open during this heatwave and it hasn’t changed in any material way.

4 Likes

Totally. I’d reach out to GFC support via the support form, and also check out the “pudding” thread here where you can see pics of other new Pros to compare with.

You’re right that Pro owners might have some input for you - I don’t, I purchased a new tent but it won’t be delivered for a long time. Good luck!

Edit: here’s a video I took inside a pro demo unit, not sure if it’s helpful:

I’ve noticed this since the day we had our pro installed. I was customer number 1 to receive the new pro version. Oddly, it doesn’t seem as bad as it first was, but still allows for more flapping than I’d like to see…especially when the older non-pro’s seemed to be fairly tight. I’ve noticed the doors and rear panel look to be loose fitting on their own rigs as well as on other customer installs. I’ve just considered this normal at this point.

Following this. I thought the v2 (not pro) sagged a lot and was hoping they improved this with the Pro. I won’t see my new tent upgrade until next year.

Please keep us informed on this. I haven’t pulled the trigger on the upgrade as yet but the end date is nearing. I must say i would not be happy with this.

The V2 had major fabric issues also, the screens were cut waaaay too big and doors were too narrow but too long if that makes sense. The tent was always loose yet the corners were tight.

I’d be curious if SP or AT Overland have the same thing going on.

I would have thought this problem would be easily fixed, although I am not an engineer.

2 Likes

No sag whatsoever on my SP and I know @Buhlockaye doesn’t have any issues either. I always felt like I had nearly 1-2 inches of extra fabric on the back window of the GFC but not enough on the side windows…

2 Likes

My V2 (not pro) rear screen has too much fabric. I’d say it takes up 4-6 inches of head space. The tent and side screens are fine. This looks much worse.

I do have an SP with a little sag on the rear corners. It’s not as bad as the images in the OP.

I’d assumed it was from using the tent material to pull the tent closed and have been meaning to explore a solution.

It’s a bummer GFC didn’t knock this one out of the park. Looking through the build gallery nearly all the V2 Pros look saggy and loose which is very noticeable when compared to the V2 (non pro). I hope they figure it out and make things right.

I’m glad I like my non pro, no windows tent body.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the compatibility would work for the SP, but J E Designs created a tent pull down that worked great when I had my GFC.

2 Likes

I noticed on your latest video that your tent doors look pretty loose. Or is that just an optical illusion? Maybe its a function of all the windows. I have a non pro V2 without side windows and have no sag.

Thanks! I’ve seen a couple products out there and liv6e Josh’s stuff!

1 Like

I attach a pulldown to the handle on mine sometimes

Likely the crinkle in the fabric after opening it up. The fabric is marine grade and takes times to “smooth” out after being closed. I can say it’s nothing like the screen mesh that was inside of my V2 before.

How my panels lay….

Attaching the goofy velcro causes the panels to pull funny as well (reason why the driver side looks so pleated). I have no idea what those pieces of velcro are suppose to do. I still have a feeling there must oddly be a design-intent reason behind the looser fitment of the panels on the pro models. It is consistent on every pro photo I’ve seen. But I feel the same, I’m a perfectionist and it was the first thing I noticed - quickly lowering that new new excitement high lol.

1 Like

I have a v2 non pro without windows also. Zero sag. My tent is tight. Id imagine the extra sag makes for more fabric flapping around on a windy night. If this is normal I might have to cancel my pro 2 tent uprgade

1 Like