V2 Pro tent sags a lot. Not as smooth/tight as pics I've seen of other versions

@enjoitheride just picked up his V2 Pro. Fabric appears to be the same as @MidwestDivision from the photos he sent me.

2 Likes

You don’t discuss my saggy fabric in public! We aren’t that far in our relationship yet. @GainzGFC

4 Likes

I think this is the new norm. I wish GFC would chime in and give a reason as to why. I’d also like to know what the oddly placed small
pieces of Velcro are for on the side doors. As I mentioned, when using them, they just create ugly pleating down the side door panels. They don’t seem to help with flapping material in the wind either.

Is the velcro is what is causing that on the right side of the window? I think having the fabric semi loose would be an engineering design (a good one). I mean my SP is def tight but not like “bounce a penny off it tight”. I saw the V2 Pros in person at both expos and they all looked the same. Only concern I saw was the 90º corners. Seemed like on the red raptor there was still a ton of tension being placed. I know for some previous v2 owners, they lead to them coming undone. Would have been cool to see if they could have rounded them as I think they would have prevented it.

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 8.19.44 AM

I completely agree.

Yep, the velcro is what is causing that in that photo. I typically don’t use the Velcro in these locations, but did for presentation purposes lol.

interesting. I am seeing Chris’s in person today. I want to actually mess with stuff more on the tent.

1 Like

Let us know your thoughts. I still think there’s design intent behind the loose fitting panels. I’m assuming longevity of the sewn seems, zippers and improved air flow/movement through the vents and interior tent space. It’s possible they are trying to predict and account for potential material shrink once it spends a summer in the sun. As mentioned, the loose fitting panels do flap a bit in the wind, but I feel the main negative is down to aesthetics.

2 Likes

I am curious if non-side door V2Pros have similar sagging (supposed to get mine in oct)?

My gut is telling me no. It seems to only affect the sewn in door portion of the tent.

I wonder if the zipper could be rephased? The side doors have two individual zippers, that when closed, meet at the lower rear corner of the tent. Looking at my photos, as well as others, you could imagine if you tugged on this lower rear corner of the panel, it would tighten up the panel. Right now the zippers are keeping this from being a possibility. If the zipper teeth were realigned, I wonder if this could be a fix…?

The V2 non-pro without side windows had a good fabric fit all around and was time-tested, simple, and robust. Battlefield conditions. I specifically avoided side windows in my 2022 V2 to reduce as much complexity as possible. I suspected that with new added vents, changes in screens and covers GFC would “fix it till it’s broke.” And it seems like they did just that to satisfy snowflakes wanting more ventilation and more “view.”

My V2 pro doors sag quite a bit, especially the screens. Not really a big deal until the wind blows, then it gets pretty loud. It’s tight in the corners of the tent.

10 Likes

Dude what an awesome rig!

3 Likes

Such an awesome rig!

I agree, the sagging doesn’t bother me much - it’s when the wind gets blowing that I wish they were tighter.

1 Like

To be honest, I think the tent looks like shit. Paying $10k for a tent that flaps in the wind and looks like it does is totally unacceptable especially since the other dozens of manufacturers are able to make it work. I pick up mine in Nov. and if it looks like the pics you posted I’m going to be incredibly pissed off.

No amount of shrinkage is going to fix those pleats.

5 Likes

Might as well get pissed now then, guaranteed it will look just like all of the others. As mentioned, using the Velcro makes it look way worse and pleated.

Yeah I know

I decided against ordering the upgrade. Thanks for everyone posting these comments.

1 Like

That entire setup is badass.

1 Like

Unless you ordered months ago you don’t have a option.