V2 Pro tent sags a lot. Not as smooth/tight as pics I've seen of other versions

So you are saying there is no flapping of the material and there is no problems with the pro because you spent a lot of nights in a V2 non pro?

7 Likes

I’m saying that talk of “problems” is overblown and led by a misunderstanding of how these tents are designed and produced, along with a culture on this forum that gives too much space to too few voices. The fabric on these campers is not designed to tension like a ground tent. Pro is an all round impressive upgrade, you’ll appreciate the smoother zips, improved ventilation, and larger/more versatile door design. Pro works in wind as well as previous iterations

3 Likes

When I owned V2 flapped like crazy in the wind and was extremely drafty. I was also one of the few to hit 50+ nights via the forums. 77 in total for 2023.

GFC pulled in external help from Aeronaut (Brandon) with the design of the pro tent. He has a lot of experience in the outdoor industry which is great. However, I imagine the sewing process of the pro tent is a nightmare. I’m no seamstress, but just looking at the rear door…it has so much more going on vs traditional tents or the older V2 tents.

No one also knows how much testing went into the tent since it was still in the works from what I saw in January. Would have been cool to see actual testing footage of what they put it up against prior to releasing it (i.e. wind, snow, rain, etc.)

6 Likes

We offered to be valuable test subjects for the redesign, but never heard anything, too bad. We have a lot of options on the matter after roughly 720 total nights in ours…

5 Likes

@GFC are you still planning to provide visual examples of good and bad units? Right now when you click through the website to buy a camper, the only graphics that show what the tent looks like with the outer panels closed are these renders. I’m no betting man, but I’d wager this thread wouldn’t exist if our tents looked this good:

4 Likes

Because the issue was limited to such a small number of units (single digits), we decided it was more effective just to reach out to those individuals and work with them on resolutions.

You can find plenty of actual photos of Pro on our social media channels, build gallery, and website. Here’s a great one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAFNnZOtWnF/?img_index=2

1 Like

@GFC Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

I’m having a hard time following how this is limited to a small number of units when your example looks like this:
GFC_Insta

And the photos in this thread and build gallery, well, look different.

Here are new photos of mine, from the passenger side, which I realized look worse than the driver side.

Fully zipped closed, no velcro

Fully zipped closed, velcro rectangle lined up

What am I missing?

2 Likes

Almost looks like there is a cross wind going against that side on that ranger photo you posted.

Edit: companies want to make photos look good so you buy the product too. Like literally doing the smallest adjustments to get the perfect conditions or setup.

2 Likes

For sure there is.

I’ve noticed if there is a cross wind blowing the door panel into the camper, the visual slack appears to be taken up and the panels look relatively decent when viewing from the outside.

If you feel you have an issue, you can always open a ticket with customer service here: GFC Service Request Form - GoFastCampers

There’s three full-time employees sitting on the other end of that process, and their entire job is to help you guys out.

Let’s note again that the V2 Pro fabric is entirely different from our previous tent bodies. Tension has been moved entirely off of the doors. These changes were made to accommodate the wrap-around zippers, help those zippers run more smoothly, to facilitate improved air exchange, and to increase durability and strength. All those functional changes do add up to visual differences.

And as you note, photographing fabric can be tricky. There’s an entire industry devoted just to walking around in it, photographing it, and coming up with tiny changes to it. Lighting, wind, and closure are all factors in how the camper looks in photos, and the fabric we use, while incredibly weather resistant, lightweight, and extraordinarily durable, does tend to get wrinkly when it’s all folded up under pressure inside a closed camper.

The best suggestion I can give you here is to go use your camper. Not only will those wrinkles disappear after a few nights of changing temperatures, precipitation, and flowing air, but it’ll also highlight just what a great setup this thing is.

3 Likes

Side note; the raptor ranger looks amazing.

3 Likes

Any photos out there of v2pro with no side doors? I looked in build gallery, but there are none.

Turns out because there is only one version of the v2pro tent. When I upgraded, i got side doors to my surprise at my pickup thursday.

@sb_tacoma Did you end up opening a ticket? I’ve got all the same issues you have and didn’t really notice when I took delivery of the camper because I was busy fixing other issues. I know GFC is saying the fabric is entirely different and tension has been moved, etc. But I don’t understand how that explains certain cuts/seams clearly being the wrong size, like those side corners you mentioned above (re: “Whatever weird thing is going on with the side corners that don’t match the geometry of the cut out”). Curious if you received any kind of clarification from anyone, because this still doesn’t add up.

I believe GFC released a notice on this forum that they would be addressing the issues with the V2Pro on a case by case. You did not indicate if you reached out to them on this posting. Use the GFC service request form.
They have a great customer service group (my opinion) that will be willing to address your immediate concern. You would also be doing all of us a favor since many of us are waiting for an upgrade!
Peace!

From what I read, they were only reaching out to owners of a “small number of units (single digits)”, which to me says they’re not owning up to the fact that this is a systemic issue. I have not been contacted, but I am affected by these issues. And I have open tickets for other issues (the latest being water intrusion in the passenger side front corner), but before opening another ticket, I wanted to check with sb_tacoma to see what their status was since I have all the same issues.

Re: doing everyone a favor by submitting feedback, I truly hope this kind of dialogue is helpful and that the outcome is a better product. But I’ll tell you as a V2 Pro owner, the way the product is now and seeing how they’ve handled the rollout and subsequent issues, I would not upgrade. If I had known of even half of the issues I’ve experienced, I would have gone a different direction. I hope this is helpful in your decision.

1 Like

I sincerely hope GFC will fix all the concerns the V2 PRO owners have in the foreseeable future. I have owned my V2 for several years and GFC has addressed all my concerns since ownership. I am upgrading to the V2 Pro and hope that any shortcomings currently in existence will be fixed by then. If not, I will explore my options for other products. I suggest you do they same, this is meant in the most benign way.
Best to you!

If you like the V2 you’ll love v2 Pro. It’s better in every way.

1 Like